- ACL Tickets Sold Out Driving People To Scalpers
- 1st Weekend Of ACL Kicks Off
- Fantastic Fest Winners Announced
- Disney's The Little Mermaid Makes Austin Debut
- Man Vs Snake - Fantastic Fest movie review
- How to turn off 'Wi-Fi Assist': the iOS9 update that could cost you thousands of dollars
- Federal judge rules 'Happy Birthday' song in public domain
- The Little Mermaid in Austin
- Buffalo Wild Wings ending ads after actor lied about Sept 11
- Review: Black Mass
- Bettie's Box Office: Black Mass Review
- Song By Tejano Star Selena Released 20 Years After Her Death
- Social media frenzy after 'The View' co-hosts criticize nurse contestant
- Keep up with FABLife!
- Study: SXSW Brought Over $300M To Austin This Year
- Watch the CBS 2015 Fall Preview Show
- Colbert Says He's A Horns Fan
- Schwarzenegger takes over for Trump on 'Apprentice'
- 'Hobbit' actor arrested on assault charges
- Review: The Visit
- Another Music Venue On The Verge Of Closing Down
- Review Of Cirque du Soleil's Kooza In Austin
- Stephen Colbert Says Texas Provides Him With Plenty Of Material
- Stephen Colbert debuts on 'The Late Show'
- Stephen Colbert Debuts New Late Night Show On CBS
- Disney unveils Star Wars toys amid marketing blitz
- Horror master Wes Craven dies at 76
- Review: We Are Your Friends
- Taco Joint's Ukulele Policy Trades Tacos For Songs
- Austin Remembers Stevie Ray Vaughan: 25 Years Later
- Cirque Du Soleil BIg Top Returns To Austin
- Bettie's Box Office: No Escape Review
- Josh Duggar In Rehab After Admitting To Pornography Habit
- SE Austin Music Venue Pushing For Later Hours Despite Opposition From Neighbor
- Review: American Ultra
- Police search of home of Gene Simmons, but he's not suspect
- Investigators To Recommend Jenner Face Manslaughter
- Reality star Josh Duggar admits to cheating on his wife
- State Fair of Texas announces food competition finalists
- Cedar Park Named Best City In US For New Restaurants
- Bettie's Box Office: The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Review
- Review: Straight Outta Compton
- Nutty Brown Cafe To Move To Round Rock
- NBC Officially Fires Trump From 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- More than 170 Elvis artifacts to be auctioned at Graceland
- One year ago today: Robin Williams dies at 63
- Korean TV spot reveals new 'Star Wars' footage
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Wins Fight To Get More Space At Auditorium Shores
- Bettie's Box Office: Fantastic Four Review
- Don't pick a fight with Spider-Man
Allegretti, 'Captain Kangaroo' Character, Dies
Updated: Thursday, August 8 2013, 03:47 PM CDT
Cosmo Allegretti, who created and voiced puppet characters like Grandfather Clock and Dancing Bear on the children's television show "Captain Kangaroo," has died. He was 86.
Allegretti, who had homes in Hampton Bays, N.Y., and New River, Ariz., died of emphysema on July 26 in Arizona, his attorney and friend John Munzel said Wednesday.
Allegretti had been a puppeteer but was working as a set painter in the early days of "Captain Kangaroo." He volunteered to make a replacement when the show was dissatisfied with a puppet created by a professional. He gave life to characters Bunny Rabbit, Mister Moose, Rollo the Hippopotamus, Miss Worm, Cornelius the Walrus, Dennis the Apprentice and others. The show, starring Bob Keeshan, started on CBS in 1955 and aired for more than 30 years.
As an actor, Allegretti appeared in films including "Prince of the City."
(Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)