- City of Austin Gets C- in Music City Report Card
- Bettie's Box Office: Vacation Review
- Review: Southpaw
- Bettie's Box Office: Pixels Review
- Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert divorce after 4 years
- Bettie's Box Office: Trainwreck Review
- Omar Sharif, of 'Doctor Zhivago,' 'Lawrence of Arabia,' dies
- Review: Self/less
- Bettie's Box Office: Amy Review
- Bettie's Box Office: Terminator Genisys Review
- Apple changes tune on music royalties after Swift complains
- Review: Inside Out
- Bettie's Box Office: Inside Out Review
- Review: Jurassic World
- Prolific British actor Christopher Lee dies at age 93
- Brian Wilson with Rodriguez in Austin
- Unreleased copy of '50 Shades' sequel novel stolen
- Benefit Concert This Weekend For Central Texas Flood Victims
- Review: Entourage
- Review: Spy
- Review: Love & Mercy
- Jon Batiste Named Bandleader Of CBS' New Colbert 'Late Show'
- Bettie's Box Office: Tomorrowland Review
- David Letterman To Sign Off As Late-Night Host
- Review: Mad Max: Fury Road
- Austin Mini Maker Faire
- BODY WORLDS & The Cycle of Life
- Bettie's Box Office: Hot Pursuit Movie Review
- 'Stand By Me' Singer Ben E. King Dead At Age 76
- The Off-Centered Film Festival
- Annie The Musical
- Bettie's Box Office: While We're Young Review
- Review: Furious 7
- Bettie's Box Office: Woman In Gold Review
- SXSW Film 2015 Audience Award Winners
- The Overnight
- Love & Mercy
- Get Hard at SXSW
- Guest Room
- FX's The Comedians
- Ex-Machina Headlines
- Hello, My Name Is Doris
- SXSW: The Final Girls
- The Last Man on the Moon
- Ned Rifle
- Bettie's Box Office: Love & Mercy Review
- Former Rap Mogul Collapses In Court After Bail Hearing
- Jury Finds Pharrell, Thicke Copied For 'Blurred Lines' Song
Austin Band Driver Friendly Plays SXSW
Updated: Monday, June 2 2014, 10:26 PM CDT
Austin band, Driver Friendly, is grabbing plenty of attention at SXSW this week.
They've been playing in the capital city for 10 years now, but it was a music video that really jump started their fan base. It plays homage to one of the band's favorite actors, Tom Hanks, and it only took one tweet from driver friendly to Hanks' daughter to get it out there.
"I wake up and my phone's got 10 messages and everyone's like Tom Hanks tweeted your music video! So, that was a great moment in my life," said drummer, Jeremi Mattern.
While some bands might be intimidated performing at a festival among global superstars, the band says they have an advantage."We'll be like hey we're Driver Friendly from Austin, TX and it's fun you can tell everyone is like hey, hometown guys. You get a little turn of the head like ok, this is cool," said Mattern.
You can see Driver Friendly perform today at 12:30 p.m. at the Blind Pig on E. Sixth St.
-- Deeda Payton, KEYE TV News.