- City of Austin Gets C- in Music City Report Card
- Bettie's Box Office: Vacation Review
- Review: Southpaw
- Bettie's Box Office: Pixels Review
- Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert divorce after 4 years
- Bettie's Box Office: Trainwreck Review
- Omar Sharif, of 'Doctor Zhivago,' 'Lawrence of Arabia,' dies
- Review: Self/less
- Bettie's Box Office: Amy Review
- Bettie's Box Office: Terminator Genisys Review
- Apple changes tune on music royalties after Swift complains
- Review: Inside Out
- Bettie's Box Office: Inside Out Review
- Review: Jurassic World
- Prolific British actor Christopher Lee dies at age 93
- Brian Wilson with Rodriguez in Austin
- Unreleased copy of '50 Shades' sequel novel stolen
- Benefit Concert This Weekend For Central Texas Flood Victims
- Review: Entourage
- Review: Spy
- Review: Love & Mercy
- Jon Batiste Named Bandleader Of CBS' New Colbert 'Late Show'
- Bettie's Box Office: Tomorrowland Review
- David Letterman To Sign Off As Late-Night Host
- Review: Mad Max: Fury Road
- Austin Mini Maker Faire
- BODY WORLDS & The Cycle of Life
- Bettie's Box Office: Hot Pursuit Movie Review
- 'Stand By Me' Singer Ben E. King Dead At Age 76
- The Off-Centered Film Festival
- Annie The Musical
- Bettie's Box Office: While We're Young Review
- Review: Furious 7
- Bettie's Box Office: Woman In Gold Review
- SXSW Film 2015 Audience Award Winners
- The Overnight
- Love & Mercy
- Get Hard at SXSW
- Guest Room
- FX's The Comedians
- Ex-Machina Headlines
- Hello, My Name Is Doris
- SXSW: The Final Girls
- The Last Man on the Moon
- Ned Rifle
- Bettie's Box Office: Love & Mercy Review
- Former Rap Mogul Collapses In Court After Bail Hearing
- Jury Finds Pharrell, Thicke Copied For 'Blurred Lines' Song
Austin Prepares For X Games
Updated: Monday, June 2 2014, 10:32 PM CDT
They defy gravity and make us all cringe with excitement; this year, the X Games is coming to Austin.
"I never thought growing up, that we would get to showcase an event like this," says professional BMX rider and Austinite Chase Hawk.
To him it's a dream come true.
"It definitely makes it that much more special, I definitely want to do good and make my city proud basically," adds Hawk.
Los Angeles has hosted the event for the past 11 years but now Austin gets a shot.
"Austin is the perfect place for this kind of venue, we got one facility that can handle everything the X Games does," says professional trophy truck driver and Austinite Jay Reichert.
Having all the events under one roof will be a first for the X Games.
Reichert says, "It's a four year contract and we need to run with it, this is like bringing the Olympics to your home town of modern day sports."
But what does it take to convert the venue built for a Formula One race into an action sports mecca?
Start with an 88 foot high skateboard and BMX mega ramp and rally course on the Circuit of the Americas track.
It's an event expected to bring tens of thousands here and have the rest of the world watching.
COTA President and CEO Jason Dial says, "215 different countries, 410 million households, Austin, the Circuit of the Americas and X Games is going to be celebrated globally."