- ACL Tickets Sold Out Driving People To Scalpers
- 1st Weekend Of ACL Kicks Off
- Fantastic Fest Winners Announced
- Disney's The Little Mermaid Makes Austin Debut
- Man Vs Snake - Fantastic Fest movie review
- How to turn off 'Wi-Fi Assist': the iOS9 update that could cost you thousands of dollars
- Federal judge rules 'Happy Birthday' song in public domain
- The Little Mermaid in Austin
- Buffalo Wild Wings ending ads after actor lied about Sept 11
- Review: Black Mass
- Bettie's Box Office: Black Mass Review
- Song By Tejano Star Selena Released 20 Years After Her Death
- Social media frenzy after 'The View' co-hosts criticize nurse contestant
- Keep up with FABLife!
- Study: SXSW Brought Over $300M To Austin This Year
- Watch the CBS 2015 Fall Preview Show
- Colbert Says He's A Horns Fan
- Schwarzenegger takes over for Trump on 'Apprentice'
- 'Hobbit' actor arrested on assault charges
- Review: The Visit
- Another Music Venue On The Verge Of Closing Down
- Review Of Cirque du Soleil's Kooza In Austin
- Stephen Colbert Says Texas Provides Him With Plenty Of Material
- Stephen Colbert debuts on 'The Late Show'
- Stephen Colbert Debuts New Late Night Show On CBS
- Disney unveils Star Wars toys amid marketing blitz
- Horror master Wes Craven dies at 76
- Review: We Are Your Friends
- Taco Joint's Ukulele Policy Trades Tacos For Songs
- Austin Remembers Stevie Ray Vaughan: 25 Years Later
- Cirque Du Soleil BIg Top Returns To Austin
- Bettie's Box Office: No Escape Review
- Josh Duggar In Rehab After Admitting To Pornography Habit
- SE Austin Music Venue Pushing For Later Hours Despite Opposition From Neighbor
- Review: American Ultra
- Police search of home of Gene Simmons, but he's not suspect
- Investigators To Recommend Jenner Face Manslaughter
- Reality star Josh Duggar admits to cheating on his wife
- State Fair of Texas announces food competition finalists
- Cedar Park Named Best City In US For New Restaurants
- Bettie's Box Office: The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Review
- Review: Straight Outta Compton
- Nutty Brown Cafe To Move To Round Rock
- NBC Officially Fires Trump From 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- More than 170 Elvis artifacts to be auctioned at Graceland
- One year ago today: Robin Williams dies at 63
- Korean TV spot reveals new 'Star Wars' footage
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Wins Fight To Get More Space At Auditorium Shores
- Bettie's Box Office: Fantastic Four Review
- Don't pick a fight with Spider-Man
Austin Prepares For X Games
Updated: Monday, June 2 2014, 10:32 PM CDT
They defy gravity and make us all cringe with excitement; this year, the X Games is coming to Austin.
"I never thought growing up, that we would get to showcase an event like this," says professional BMX rider and Austinite Chase Hawk.
To him it's a dream come true.
"It definitely makes it that much more special, I definitely want to do good and make my city proud basically," adds Hawk.
Los Angeles has hosted the event for the past 11 years but now Austin gets a shot.
"Austin is the perfect place for this kind of venue, we got one facility that can handle everything the X Games does," says professional trophy truck driver and Austinite Jay Reichert.
Having all the events under one roof will be a first for the X Games.
Reichert says, "It's a four year contract and we need to run with it, this is like bringing the Olympics to your home town of modern day sports."
But what does it take to convert the venue built for a Formula One race into an action sports mecca?
Start with an 88 foot high skateboard and BMX mega ramp and rally course on the Circuit of the Americas track.
It's an event expected to bring tens of thousands here and have the rest of the world watching.
COTA President and CEO Jason Dial says, "215 different countries, 410 million households, Austin, the Circuit of the Americas and X Games is going to be celebrated globally."