- City of Austin Gets C- in Music City Report Card
- Bettie's Box Office: Vacation Review
- Review: Southpaw
- Bettie's Box Office: Pixels Review
- Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert divorce after 4 years
- Bettie's Box Office: Trainwreck Review
- Omar Sharif, of 'Doctor Zhivago,' 'Lawrence of Arabia,' dies
- Review: Self/less
- Bettie's Box Office: Amy Review
- Bettie's Box Office: Terminator Genisys Review
- Apple changes tune on music royalties after Swift complains
- Review: Inside Out
- Bettie's Box Office: Inside Out Review
- Review: Jurassic World
- Prolific British actor Christopher Lee dies at age 93
- Brian Wilson with Rodriguez in Austin
- Unreleased copy of '50 Shades' sequel novel stolen
- Benefit Concert This Weekend For Central Texas Flood Victims
- Review: Entourage
- Review: Spy
- Review: Love & Mercy
- Jon Batiste Named Bandleader Of CBS' New Colbert 'Late Show'
- Bettie's Box Office: Tomorrowland Review
- David Letterman To Sign Off As Late-Night Host
- Review: Mad Max: Fury Road
- Austin Mini Maker Faire
- BODY WORLDS & The Cycle of Life
- Bettie's Box Office: Hot Pursuit Movie Review
- 'Stand By Me' Singer Ben E. King Dead At Age 76
- The Off-Centered Film Festival
- Annie The Musical
- Bettie's Box Office: While We're Young Review
- Review: Furious 7
- Bettie's Box Office: Woman In Gold Review
- SXSW Film 2015 Audience Award Winners
- The Overnight
- Love & Mercy
- Get Hard at SXSW
- Guest Room
- FX's The Comedians
- Ex-Machina Headlines
- Hello, My Name Is Doris
- SXSW: The Final Girls
- The Last Man on the Moon
- Ned Rifle
- Bettie's Box Office: Love & Mercy Review
- Former Rap Mogul Collapses In Court After Bail Hearing
- Jury Finds Pharrell, Thicke Copied For 'Blurred Lines' Song
One-On-One With Anjelah Johnson
Updated: Friday, February 14 2014, 05:15 AM CST
Anjelah Johnson, to take center stage at Laugh Out Loud Comedy Club in San Antonio, in early February.
Comedienne / Actress Anjelah Johnson-Reyes moved to Los Angeles, with dreams of becoming an actress.
If she looks familiar, she should - she's appeared in numerous commercials, including campaigns for Taco Cabana, Sprint, Visa, Snickers, Verizon, All-State, K-Swiss, Dryers Ice Cream.
One of five children, she says a lot of her comedy, comes from watching everyday people. It's Johnson's obervational skills, and talent, that helped her land a cast member spot on "MADtv," as a series regular. "MADtv" is also where the one-time Oakland Raiders Cheerleader - created some of her most memorable characters.
While on "MADtv," she created "Bon Qui Qui." Not long after her television debut, Bon Qui Qui, took the internet by storm - as a disgruntled fast food employee with no filter, viewed and replicated by over 55 million people worldwide.
In addition to her stint on "MADtv" - Johnson, has also guest starred on the shows: The Shield, Ugly Betty, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and others..though she says her big break came as an extra on Friends.
She tells us, one of her proudest accomplishments on screen, came when she was cast to star in "Enough Said" (2013) - a film that would become James Gandolfini's final film.
When she's not on the road doing Stand-Up, Johnson describes herself as a home body - living in Los Angeles with her husband, musician Manwell Reyes of the band Group 1 Crew.
After recording and releasing 3 songs and 2 music videos for Bon Qui Qui, Anjelah signed a record deal with Atlantic records to release a full album. The songs and the videos are currently available on iTunes and YouTube.
We caught up with Johnson during her stop in Austin, where she played to a packed house, show after show at the Paramount.
If you missed her Austin shows, you can catch her in San Antonio from February 6th - February 9th. Johnson's one of a kind humor, is sure to leave you laughing from start to finish.
Thursday, February 6 - 8pm
Friday, February 7 - 8pm and 10:15pm
Saturday, February 8 - 5:30pm, 7:45pm, and 10pm
Sunday, February 9 - 6:30pm