- City of Austin Gets C- in Music City Report Card
- Bettie's Box Office: Vacation Review
- Review: Southpaw
- Bettie's Box Office: Pixels Review
- Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert divorce after 4 years
- Bettie's Box Office: Trainwreck Review
- Omar Sharif, of 'Doctor Zhivago,' 'Lawrence of Arabia,' dies
- Review: Self/less
- Bettie's Box Office: Amy Review
- Bettie's Box Office: Terminator Genisys Review
- Apple changes tune on music royalties after Swift complains
- Review: Inside Out
- Bettie's Box Office: Inside Out Review
- Review: Jurassic World
- Prolific British actor Christopher Lee dies at age 93
- Brian Wilson with Rodriguez in Austin
- Unreleased copy of '50 Shades' sequel novel stolen
- Benefit Concert This Weekend For Central Texas Flood Victims
- Review: Entourage
- Review: Spy
- Review: Love & Mercy
- Jon Batiste Named Bandleader Of CBS' New Colbert 'Late Show'
- Bettie's Box Office: Tomorrowland Review
- David Letterman To Sign Off As Late-Night Host
- Review: Mad Max: Fury Road
- Austin Mini Maker Faire
- BODY WORLDS & The Cycle of Life
- Bettie's Box Office: Hot Pursuit Movie Review
- 'Stand By Me' Singer Ben E. King Dead At Age 76
- The Off-Centered Film Festival
- Annie The Musical
- Bettie's Box Office: While We're Young Review
- Review: Furious 7
- Bettie's Box Office: Woman In Gold Review
- SXSW Film 2015 Audience Award Winners
- The Overnight
- Love & Mercy
- Get Hard at SXSW
- Guest Room
- FX's The Comedians
- Ex-Machina Headlines
- Hello, My Name Is Doris
- SXSW: The Final Girls
- The Last Man on the Moon
- Ned Rifle
- Bettie's Box Office: Love & Mercy Review
- Former Rap Mogul Collapses In Court After Bail Hearing
- Jury Finds Pharrell, Thicke Copied For 'Blurred Lines' Song
TV Reporter Confused Samuel L. Jackson With Laurence Fishburne
Updated: Tuesday, February 11 2014, 11:11 AM CST
A veteran entertainment reporter's amateur mistake made him the target of actor Samuel L. Jackson's great vengeance and furious anger.
During an interview on Los Angeles' CW-affiliate, KTLA reporter Sam Rubin asked Jackson about his recent role in a Super Bowl commercial. The only problem is that Rubin had confused Jackson with fellow actor Laurence Fishburne, a terribly public stumble that the bombastic Jackson wasn't too forgiving about.
"See, you know what? You're as crazy as the people on Twitter," Jackson exclaimed. "I am not Lawrence Fishburne!"
A sheepish Rubin responded, "That's my fault. I know that. That was my fault. My mistake."
"We don't all look alike! We make be all black and famous but we don't look alike," Jackson continued. "You are busted."
Rubin continued to profusely apologize over the laughter of his colleagues in the KTLA studio. However, Jackson was dogged.
"You're the entertainment reporter for this station? And you don't know the difference between me and Larry Fishburne," Jackson asked incredulously. "There must be a very short job for your line outside."
Rubin tried several more times to put the interview back on track but Jackson continue to mock him for another two minutes.
After the segment, Rubin offered another apology to his audience. He said he stands apart from other reporters in that he generally knows what he's talking about.
"But I didn't 30 minutes ago, and I'm really embarrassed about it," he added. "And I very much apologize to Samuel L. Jackson and anyone else who was offended for what was a very amateur mistake."
And you will know his name is Samuel L. Jackson when he lays his vengeance upon thee.