- Horror master Wes Craven dies at 76
- Review: We Are Your Friends
- Taco Joint's Ukulele Policy Trades Tacos For Songs
- Austin Remembers Stevie Ray Vaughan: 25 Years Later
- Cirque Du Soleil BIg Top Returns To Austin
- Bettie's Box Office: No Escape Review
- Josh Duggar In Rehab After Admitting To Pornography Habit
- SE Austin Music Venue Pushing For Later Hours Despite Opposition From Neighbor
- Review: American Ultra
- Police search of home of Gene Simmons, but he's not suspect
- Investigators To Recommend Jenner Face Manslaughter
- Reality star Josh Duggar admits to cheating on his wife
- State Fair of Texas announces food competition finalists
- Cedar Park Named Best City In US For New Restaurants
- Bettie's Box Office: The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Review
- Review: Straight Outta Compton
- Nutty Brown Cafe To Move To Round Rock
- NBC Officially Fires Trump From 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- More than 170 Elvis artifacts to be auctioned at Graceland
- One year ago today: Robin Williams dies at 63
- Korean TV spot reveals new 'Star Wars' footage
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Wins Fight To Get More Space At Auditorium Shores
- Bettie's Box Office: Fantastic Four Review
- Don't pick a fight with Spider-Man
- Review: The Gift
- Rapper 50 Cent seeking to lease Connecticut mansion
- Whataburger doubles down in Drake-Meek Mill Twitter beef
- Bettie's Box Office: Shaun the Sheep Movie Review
- Bettie's Box Office: Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation Review
- City of Austin Gets C- in Music City Report Card
- Bettie's Box Office: Vacation Review
- Review: Southpaw
- Bettie's Box Office: Pixels Review
- Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert divorce after 4 years
- Bettie's Box Office: Trainwreck Review
- Review: Self/less
- Bettie's Box Office: Amy Review
- Bettie's Box Office: Terminator Genisys Review
- Apple changes tune on music royalties after Swift complains
- Review: Inside Out
- Bettie's Box Office: Inside Out Review
- Review: Jurassic World
- Prolific British actor Christopher Lee dies at age 93
- Brian Wilson with Rodriguez in Austin
- Unreleased copy of '50 Shades' sequel novel stolen
- Benefit Concert This Weekend For Central Texas Flood Victims
- Review: Entourage
- Review: Spy
- Review: Love & Mercy
- Jon Batiste Named Bandleader Of CBS' New Colbert 'Late Show'
TV Reporter Confused Samuel L. Jackson With Laurence Fishburne
Updated: Tuesday, February 11 2014, 11:11 AM CST
A veteran entertainment reporter's amateur mistake made him the target of actor Samuel L. Jackson's great vengeance and furious anger.
During an interview on Los Angeles' CW-affiliate, KTLA reporter Sam Rubin asked Jackson about his recent role in a Super Bowl commercial. The only problem is that Rubin had confused Jackson with fellow actor Laurence Fishburne, a terribly public stumble that the bombastic Jackson wasn't too forgiving about.
"See, you know what? You're as crazy as the people on Twitter," Jackson exclaimed. "I am not Lawrence Fishburne!"
A sheepish Rubin responded, "That's my fault. I know that. That was my fault. My mistake."
"We don't all look alike! We make be all black and famous but we don't look alike," Jackson continued. "You are busted."
Rubin continued to profusely apologize over the laughter of his colleagues in the KTLA studio. However, Jackson was dogged.
"You're the entertainment reporter for this station? And you don't know the difference between me and Larry Fishburne," Jackson asked incredulously. "There must be a very short job for your line outside."
Rubin tried several more times to put the interview back on track but Jackson continue to mock him for another two minutes.
After the segment, Rubin offered another apology to his audience. He said he stands apart from other reporters in that he generally knows what he's talking about.
"But I didn't 30 minutes ago, and I'm really embarrassed about it," he added. "And I very much apologize to Samuel L. Jackson and anyone else who was offended for what was a very amateur mistake."
And you will know his name is Samuel L. Jackson when he lays his vengeance upon thee.