Life's Better Outside: Paddling
Your family can experience a closer view of wildlife and scenery on the water! There are six Texas Paddling Trails with in an hour of Austin that offer a new perspective to the world of nature.
You do not have to be a pro-paddler to get out and enjoy canoeing or kayaking. There are many places that will rent you all the equipment you need, as well as teach you paddling basics. Check out this Canoeing and Kayaking 101 brochure for more information on paddling clubs and organizations near you.
What to bring
- Canoe or Kayak
- Life Jackets
Fun ideas for kids
- Find animal tracks
- Outdoor kid journal
- Texas Outdoor Family Workshops
- Go Fish! Learn to Fish events
- Neighborhood Fishin' lakes
- See what experts have to say about the benefits of nature play
- Remember, pack out what you bring in: Leave No Trace!