F1 in Austin
- UT's 2013 Football Schedule Shows OSU Game During F1 Weekend Race
- Austin Airport Busy With F1 Attendee Departures
- Austin F1 Race Over, but Debate on Tax Subsidies Continues
- F1 Weekend is a Tax Windfall -- For Some
- Central Texas Hotels Already Gearing Up For 2013 Formula One Race
- Retailers Outside Austin See Spike In Sales For F1
- 117,000 Fans Attend Austin's Inaugural Formula 1 US Grand Prix
- Brit Lewis Hamilton Wins Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix In Austin
- Things Run Smoothly At F1 Track
- 82,000 Attend Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix Qualifying In Austin
- Business Down For Some Downtown Austin Stores Due To Fan Fest
- Fans Mellow So Far At Austin Fan Fest
- F1 Fan Fest Draws Big Crowds To Downtown Austin
- Austinites Check Out 1st Day Of F1
- Download F1 Road Closures Map
- Turning Laps In The Sky For Austin F1
- KEYE TV News Tests the F1 Shuttles For You
- 24 Hours Emergency Operations Center Open For F1 Weekend
- F1 Austin Fan Fest Begins Today
- Officials Make Final Austin F1 Traffic Plans
- Fan Fest Chaos Poses Challenges For Downtown Austin Businesses
- Austin Fan Fest Street Closures Continue
- Law Enforcement Offers Austin F1 Risk Assessment
- Formula 1 Track Shows Off Race Day Emergency Plan
- Cap Metro Makes F1 Backup Plans As Union Threatens Strike
- South Austin Neighborhoods Not Happy With F1 Helipads
- Austin Council Eyes F1 Helipad Code Changes After Neighborhood Outcry
- Austin Council Annexes F1 Race Track Land
- Bike Route Planned From Downtown Austin To Formula 1 Track
- Austin Formula 1 Racetrack Opens Saturday For Running Event
- Capital Metro To Provide Free Bus Service Around Downtown For F1 Weekend
- F1 Marks First Lap, Leaders to Discuss Preparedness
- Helipads Approved In South Austin For F1
- F1 Announces More Bands For Race Weekend
- Police, Nonprofits Bracing For Human Trafficking Increase
- How To Avoid Buying Counterfeit Tickets
- Austin F1 Transportation Plan Announced
- Austin Race Track Gets Green Light As Deadline Nears
- Pflugerville Wants To Study Impact Of F1
- Nelly Joins Aerosmith As Top Acts At F1 Grand Prix Concerts
- Condo Owners Wanting To Make Some Quick Cash Could Be Fined Thousands
- Festivals Planned During Austin's F1 Race Weekend
- Tens Of Thousands To Flock To Downtown Austin For F1 Grand Prix Events
- F1 Bringing Aerosmith To Austin During Race Weekend
- Texas Gov. Perry Promotes Austin F1 Race During Italy Trip
- Workers Needed For F1 Race
82,000 Attend Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix Qualifying In Austin
Updated: Saturday, November 17 2012, 08:24 PM CST
A crowd of 82,710 attended qualifying at the inaugural Formula 1 United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas.
Saturday's qualifying decided the order the 24 drivers will line up in for Sunday's race.
Two-time World Champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull Racing claim pole position.
Vettel, who leads the drivers’ standings, recorded the fastest lap time of 1:35.657 with fellow World Champion Lewis Hamilton of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes placing second with a time of 1:35.766. Vettel’s teammate, Mark Webber grabbed position three on the grid with a time of 1:36.174. See a complete list at formula1.com/results/season/2012/882/7184/.
There were no major problems reported as thousands of racing fans traveled to the new track.
The race is Sunday at 1 p.m. Gates open at 7:30 a.m. with pre-race festivities kicking off at 12:30 p.m. Country music artist Clay Walker will perform a free concert for fans in the Grand Plaza following the Formula 1 race.
The entertainment part of F1 weekend is taking place in Downtown Austin. Concerts are taking place at the Austin Convention Center and ACL Live. The free outdoors festival, Austin Fan Fest, is taking place from 2nd Street to 5th Street and from Congress Avenue to Lavaca Street.
Additional information at keyetv.com/news/features/f1/.
(Image from COTA)
Austin Fan Fest
View Austin Fan Fest in a larger map
Austin Grand Prix Parking
View Formula 1 Austin Grand Prix: Parking in a larger map