- ATF: 6 weapons recovered at school, 7 others at shooter's home, all purchased legally
- Sinclair Broadcast Group announces 'Connect to Congress' and 'Full Measure'
- Obama tells media to tally up number of mass shootings vs. terrorist attacks, so we did
- Hearing set in Texas lawsuit over kids' birth certificates
- Abbott Again Presses Federal Government on Border Security
- Wendy Davis Formally Endorsing Clinton Presidential Bid
- Kentucky clerk who rejected marriage licenses for gays says she met with pope
- Report: US failing to stop most people trying to join ISIS
- House chair: Planned Parenthood doesn't need federal money
- Ethics Complaint Against Council Member Don Zimmerman Dismissed
- Referendum Would Let Top Texas Officials Live Outside Austin
- Trump unveils tax plan that would lower taxes for millions
- Pope Brings Ecology, Anti-Poverty Message To UN
- GOP Lawmakers: Speaker Boehner to resign at end of October
- Pope Urges Compassion For Immigrants
- Embrace immigrants, Pope Francis urges Congress
- Unsafe State Buildings Waiting For Repairs
- Washington crowds cheer pope; he calls for climate action
- Texas Lawmakers Review Jail Safety Standards
- Pope Francis heads for US and a deeply divided Washington
- Arizona sheriff could face fines for disobeying judge
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis could head back to court over licenses
- Protesters Heckle Jeb Bush In Houston
- Walker 'Suspending' Campaign, Urges Unity Against Trump
- Trump condemned for not correcting statement Obama is Muslim
- Austin Council Bans New Short Term Rental-2 Licenses For a Year
- Jeb Bush Apologizes To Mom As Debate Turns To His Pot Use
- Trump and company come to California
- #IStandWithAhmed hashtag supports Muslim student arrested over homemade clock
- What you need to know about tonight's GOP debate
- Nationalist Group Wants TX Secession On Primary Ballot
- Trump In Dallas For Campaign Event
- Strategist: Perry Studied Up, Made Good Attempt At 2nd Run
- Perry Exiting 2016 Republican Presidential Race
- Texas Democrats Largely Back Obama on Iran Deal
- Indicted Texas Attorney General Hires New Legal Team
- City Leaders Suggest New Location For County Building
- New Law May Not Thwart Hays County Water Project
- Iran Deal Seems On Track After Day Of Discord
- Ben Carson: I will be president, 'if that's God's will'
- Changes To Carrying Guns At Austin City Hall
- KY Clerk Released From Jail; Supporters Cheer, Sing
- Judge Will Hear Birth Certificate Case Next Month
- Trump signs pledge to back GOP's 2016 presidential nominee
- Austin Limo & Taxi Drivers Don't Want To 'Pay The Price' Anymore
- Austin TNC Drivers Push City To Dump Proposed Regulations
- Perry campaign will have 1 paid staffer in Iowa
- Hundreds Of New Laws Take Effect In Texas
- Racing Commission Suspends Operations Amid Funding Squabble
- Latest Texas School Finance Case Reaches State Supreme Court
Sen. Cruz Formally Renounces Canadian Citizenship
Updated: Tuesday, June 10 2014, 06:02 PM CDT
Canada-born U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz has renounced his birth country's citizenship, making good on his promise to do so from last summer.
Spokeswoman Catherine Frazier said the tea party favorite formally gave up his citizenship May 14 -- and officially received confirmation of the action at his Houston home on Tuesday.
Cruz was born in Alberta, Canada, in 1970. The possible 2016 presidential candidate says the fact that his mother is American makes him eligible for the White House.
The story was first reported by the Dallas Morning News. The newspaper also broke that Cruz had dual Canadian-U.S. citizenship when he released his birth certificate in August.
Frazier said Cruz "is pleased to have the process finalized" and that it "makes sense he should be only an American citizen."
(Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)