- Protecting Your Home From 'Smart' Home Hackers
- App Helps Detect Cancer Hiding in Plain Sight
- Hidden Dangers Inside Airport 'Safe-zones'
- Suspect In Deadly Cedar Park Attack Has Violent Past
- Sabrina Allen's Friends Offer Love, Support, Childhood Memories
- Equality Texas Attempts To Deliver 5,000 Signatures To Attorney General's Office
- Big Brother
- Special Graduation for South Texas Student with Cancer
- WAA TA
- WAA FC
- WAA CS
- WAA AR
- WAA CP
- WAA AB
- St. Patrick's Day Outdoor Festival
- Audition March 5
- Audition March 3
- Souper Bowl of Caring: Jan 10-Feb 2
- Luling Care Center
- April 2013: Rodney Reed Interview From Death Row
- Pro Football Winner Oct. 29
- School Delays, Road Closures, Power Outages
- Round Rock Mandatory Water Restrictions Could Start Next Week
- Austin National Night Out
- Bill That Would Expand Texas Grandparents' Rights Dropped
- 2013 Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- A Long, Incredible Journey
- Crews Battle To Contain Smithville Wildfire
- Boy Scouts Build Memorial Grove
- Capital Metro Train Derailment
- Anti-Abortion Activists Protest President Obama
- Bastrop Pastor Arrested For Animal Cruelty Following Cat's Death
- The 6 Second Garage Door Break-In You Can Prevent
- Mother Of Hit And Run Victim Speaks Out
- Texas Men Beat Tech for First Big 12 Win
- Military Children Get Toys From Central Texas Group
- Pflugerville Skate Park
- Williamson County Pet Pictures
- Chuy's Children Giving To Children Parade
- Austin/Central Texas Halloween Guide
- Texas Teachers Changing How They Interact With Kids
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- The Amazing Race Casting Call Oct. 5
- Holly Street Neighbors Help Neighbors
- AISD Gives Lessons In Medieval Chivalry
- Walk With Purple Sage Elementary School Teachers
- Say What: The Estate Tax
- 2012 Food for Families Food Drive
- Clayton Elementary Math Pentathlon National Champions
Bastrop Pastor Arrested For Animal Cruelty Following Cat's Death
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 05:15 PM CDT
A Bastrop family is devastated after finding out their cat "Moody" died after suffering serious injuries.
The family received a phone call from a local veterinarian who told them about the cat's injuries, which were consistent with it being thrown of a bridge.
Rick Bartlett, 55, was arrested on Friday in connection to the cat's death, and faces animal cruelty charges. Bartlett is reportedly a Pastor of Bastrop Christian Church.
Veterinarians told Moody's owner, Eddy Bell, that his cat was found on the river walk in Bastrop near the Loop 150 bridge.
"The vet explained he was in shock, open mouth breathing and determined he had a ruptured lung," Bell explained.
The Bell family says Moody was an indoor cat but did go spend time outside. Late last week they let him out and he never came back.
According to the family, individuals at the animal control shelter told them Bartlett sometimes brings in stray cats.
"The animal control officers told us that he traps feral cats that get in his garden. Moody was not a feral cat, we had for eleven years and was a member of or family," said Bell.
The Bell's say Bartlett took Moody to police, who said they would return him to his owners. Bartlett allegedly volunteered to do it himself, but the cat never made it home.
"The bottom line this man was the last one to have our cat, and then he was found dying under a bridge. We all want answers and want him prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," said Bell.
According to Bastrop County Jail records, Bartlett was taken into custody Friday by the Bastrop Police Department. He was later released the same day on $5,000 bond.