Sweetheart Story Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be United States residents who are 18 years or older and reside in the KEYE viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KEYE (the “Station”), Telemundo, Fredericksburg Inn and Suites, Navajo Grill, The National Museum of the Pacific War, Grape Creek Vineyards, Wildseed Farms, The Fredericksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau, The Douglas Group Inc. dba UPICKEM, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per account holder or couple.
(b) To enter, log onto http://keyetv com to complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, sweetheart story couple picture, brief story description (500 words or less), and submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the picture submitted, (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (iv) that they agree to the terms and conditions located at http://keyetv.com/station/features/terms-conditions. No lewd, nude, crude or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
(d) The contest starts at 12:00am CT on February 4, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on February 10, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 11:59 p.m. CT on February 10, 2013 of the Contest Period to qualify for the voting period. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e) Between February 11, 2013 at 12:00am CST and 12:00 p.m. CST on February 13, 2013 at noon CST, viewers will be asked to vote online at http://keyetv.com/contests for his/her favorite picture. Voting is limited to one vote per account holder per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Facebook “Likes” are not considered votes. On February 13, 2013, the Station will determine the one winner based on the picture entry with the most valid votes. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, or any other activity that artificially inflates such entrant’s votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will randomly be selected from the tied entrants. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
(f) The Station will announce the winner during KEYE TV Morning News on Thursday, February 14, 2013.
(g) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of San Antonio Television Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will be determined. The winner will receive a two night stay at Fredericksburg Inn & Suites valued at $238, a gift certificate for $75 for dining at Navajo Grill, two tickets to the National Museum of the Pacific War valued at $28, two tickets for a barrel tasting tour at Grape Creek Vineyards valued at $56 and a $75 gift certificate to Wildseed Farms. The gift certificates are not redeemable for cash. The prizes must be used by December 31, 2013.
2. Winner(s) will be notified by phone. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within five (5) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest number of votes, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. San Antonio Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. San Antonio Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that San Antonio Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 10700 Metric Blvd Austin, TX 78758 and on the Station’s website at www.keyetv.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KEYE TV 10700 Metric Blvd Austin, TX 78758 by April 15, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., San Antonio Television, LLC, Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Fredericksburg Inn and Suites, Navajo Grill, The National Museum of the Pacific War, Grape Creek Vineyards, Wildseed Farms, The Fredericksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau, and The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.