- VonTrey Clark's Attorney Calls Overseas Detention 'Tactic to Buy More Time'
- Drone Spotted Flying Near 2 Planes At ABIA
- Property Crime More Prevalent In Austin Than Other Similarly Sized Cities
- APD Officer Shoots Self In Leg During Training Exercise
- Couple Recalls Dodging Death In Fatal Crash
- Violators of Burn Ban Causing Fires in Caldwell County
- APD seeking the public’s assistance in locating robbery suspects
- Expert sheds light on why APD officer is being detained in Indonesia without criminal charges
- Austin Woman Tracks Purse Thief With Bank App
- Former governor Rick Perry among those to miss out on first GOP debate
- Drones spotted by pilots near ABIA
- Congressional town halls could impact nuclear deal with Iran
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy split
- GOP candidates look to make their mark in first debate
- Humans are adapting to walk and text
- Hays County reinstates burn ban for unincorporated areas
- Drone drops drugs in Ohio prison yard, spurring inmate fight
- Plane lands in field at 130 and Elroy
- 5th secret Planned Parenthood video shows Houston clinic
- Deere recalls more than 2,000 lawn tractors for crash risk
- Former Officer VonTrey Clark Detained in Indonesia
- Williamson County issues burn ban
- Sandra Bland's family to sue state trooper
- Cops: Ohio man shot neighbor in face, ran her over with mower
- Chinese police save infant girl from public toilet
- Former Ferguson officer opens up after Michael Brown shooting
- TxDOT Kicks Off Its “Drink, Drive, Go To Jail” Campaign
- Ultimate Frisbee And Other Disc Games Just Got A Boost In Stature
- Two Major Airlines Ban Big Game Trophies on Their Planes
- Man Killed In East Austin Monday Night
- Wimberley's Recovery With a Nice Ring
- Attorney Wants Evidence Thrown Out in Colton Turner Case
- City Committee Kills BBQ Ordinance
- Businesses Hope More APD Officers Will Mean Less Graffiti
- No Paxton Press Conference As Democrats Call For Resignation
- Report: 2 Dead, 15 Hurt In New Hampshire Tent Collapse
- Texas AG Ken Paxton Booked On Criminal Charges
- Citibank under investigation for student loan services
- Skunk gets head stuck in container, officer tries to help
- Senate blocks GOP bill to end Planned Parenthood fed funds
- A Congressional report card
- Arrest Warrant Claims Activist Blocked Police From Doing Job
- Rick Perry might not make GOP debate cut
- Police: Tourist from Texas took loaded guns to 9-11 memorial
- Historic Clean Power Plan To Impact Texas
- Attack targets Donald Trump website as Gawker posts old cell number
- Traffic plan for Blues on the Green to change August 5
- Nearly $400K raised in private search for missing Fla. teen boaters
- Creators of destroyed hitchhiking robot might rebuild
- Police officer receives derogatory message on Taco Bell wrapper
Blaze Damages East Austin Home
Updated: Friday, May 2 2014, 05:46 PM CDT
A fire ripped through an East Austin home Friday afternoon.
It started at around 3:50 p.m. at 6603 Willamette Drive, a little over a mile south of the intersection of Hwy 183 and Hwy 290.
The Austin Fire Department says heavy fire was showing as emergency crews arrived.
One resident met fire crews outside and told them they were the only one home at the time.
That person was evaluated and taken to the hospital by EMS.
Officials say it took crews less than four minutes to get to the 1500 sq ft house.
The cause and damage estimates have not been released.