- Austin Elderly Lose Home Phone Service
- Construction Worker's Body Found Under East Austin Home
- APD Investigating Shot Fired Call In North Austin
- Bond Between Fayette Co. K-9, Handler Secret To Their Success
- Family of men killed in fiery MoPac crash speaks out
- Veteran Gets Medals Back After They Were Lost in Flood
- Hundreds Of New Laws Take Effect In Texas
- McDonald's will launch all day breakfast on Oct. 6
- Austin Public Libraries Quietly Launch Hoopla App
- Fire Destroys SE Austin Home
- Convicted Sex Offender Accused Of Strangling, Kidnapping Girlfriend
- Texas Supreme Court Considers School Finance Lawsuit
- Attorney: Traffic Stop Over Direct Eye Contact Is Illegal
- Officer fatally shot, three suspects on the loose near Chicago suburb
- Racing Commission Suspends Operations Amid Funding Squabble
- Austin Weather Forecast: HELLO SEPTEMBER!
- Suspect In Texas Officer's Death Had 2nd Mental Commitment
- Retail Gas Prices In Texas Drop 8 Cents Before Labor Day
- Latest Texas School Finance Case Reaches State Supreme Court
- Energy Grid Operator Says Texas Users OK For Fall, Winter
- Video Appears To Show Texas Deputies Shoot Man With Hands Up
- Google unveils new logo
- Crews Begin Work To Repave Major North Austin Street
- Front-yard sex between 2 older Michigan men leads to child porn bust
- Tennessee man shoots, kills 81-year-old wife, police say
- Paramedics Talk Mental Effects Of Responding To Numerous Crashes
- Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve 'sin of abortion'
- Kentucky clerk still won't issue same-sex marriage licenses
- School Financing Fight Hits Texas Supreme Court
- Nearly 700 New Laws Going Into Effect Today
- Blue Bell Returns to Brisk Sales On Monday
- Suspect In Killing Of Harris Co. Deputy Previously Arrested In Austin
- AZ Mom Facing Social Media Backlash For Forgetting Child
- Family Member Identifies 4 Men Killed In Fiery North Austin Crash
- Texas Teen Dies After Amoeba Enters Brain
- Tenn. Babysitter Caught On Camera Assaulting, Smothering 13-Month-Old
- Round Rock pet store owner says he's getting death threats over Facebook post
- Jeep recalling 206,668 Cherokee SUVs for wiper defect
- Is anti-police sentiment responsible for violence against officers?
- Brenham Embraces Diversification After Blue Bell Shutdown
- Body Found In Lake Austin Near Mansfield Dam
- Perry Campaign Will Have 1 Paid Staffer In Iowa
- Blue Bell Hometown Gets Nearly $1.4M Federal Jobs Grant
- 2011 Budget Cuts Still Hamper Schools, Data Shows
- Man Busted For 7th DWI In North Travis Co.
- Police: Dad cleaning handgun shoots daughter, 9, in stomach
- Man arrested for punching Austin police horse
- Judge seals Alabama governor's divorce file from public view
- Police: Woman said boys weren't loved, so she drowned them
- Man arrested after threatening to sexually abuse a child
Blaze Damages East Austin Home
Updated: Friday, May 2 2014, 05:46 PM CDT
A fire ripped through an East Austin home Friday afternoon.
It started at around 3:50 p.m. at 6603 Willamette Drive, a little over a mile south of the intersection of Hwy 183 and Hwy 290.
The Austin Fire Department says heavy fire was showing as emergency crews arrived.
One resident met fire crews outside and told them they were the only one home at the time.
That person was evaluated and taken to the hospital by EMS.
Officials say it took crews less than four minutes to get to the 1500 sq ft house.
The cause and damage estimates have not been released.