- Austin Car Burglaries Spike To Highest Number In Years
- Guidelines Help Keep Student Athletes And Musicians From Getting Sick As Temps Soar
- 3 UVa Graduates Sue Rolling Stone Over Retracted Rape Story
- US Official: Debris In Photo Belongs To Missing Boeing 777
- Why can’t Congress pass a long-term highway funding bill?
- Ohio Cop Faces Murder Charge In Driver's Killing
- Rescue Caught On Video After Van Crashes Into Creek
- DA Considering Criminal Charges Against APD Det. In Teen's Suicide
- Austin Parks & Greenbelts See Increase In Trash
- UT Spending $1.7M To Study Sexual Assault On Campus
- Accused Tip Jar Thief Chased By Angry Employees
- Man Claims He Was Attacked After Responding To Va. Craigslist Sex Ad
- APD: Accused Shoplifter Hit Thrift Store Employee With Car During Escape
- 34 Deer Killed In Texas For Chronic Wasting Disease Testing
- Planned Parenthood Skips 'Political' Texas Senate Hearing
- Austin Weather Forecast: MORE TRIPLE DIGITS
- Cat Rescued In South Austin House Fire
- 2 houses from 'Breaking Bad' for sale
- UberACCESS brings wheelchair accessible vehicles to Ausin ride-sharing service
- Boil water notice for Sweetwater subdivision in west Austin
- Google Maps to help you avoid waiting in lines
- Western New York man attempted to support Islamic State group
- Afghanistan examining claim Taliban leader Mullah Omar died
- Man accused in lion death says he thought hunt was legal
- Austin Police Detective Facing Lawsuit After Death Of Girlfriend's Niece
- Austin City Council Member Files Suit Against The City
- Tom Brady’s Appeal Rejected By NFL
- Motorcyclist Crashes Into Whataburger
- Committee Investigates Planned Parenthood Practices
- Cesar Chavez Neighborhoods Ask Planning Commission to Stop Issuing Building Permits
- 2-Year-Old Dies In Burnet Co. Crash
- Crews Use New Tools And Technology To Locate Missing I-35 Jumper
- Acevedo Sets Record Straight On Fired Officer
- Austin Rental Rates Up 10 Percent Over Last Year
- Volunteers Needed with Deadline for Debris Pickup in Wimberley
- Citizens and lawmakers call for Texas to defund Planned Parenthood
- Cedar Park SWAT Standoff Ends Peacefully
- Police divers find body of man who jumped from I-35 into Lady Bird Lake
- Jail releases more footage of Sandra Bland before her death
- Kyle distracted driving hit & run case goes to trial
- Austin ambulances go green with innovative technology
- New Round Rock ISD School Could Drive Up Housing Prices
- ISIS supporter wanted to use weapon of mass destruction in Florida: Feds
- Authorities: teen accused of killing 8-year-old
- Austin ISD Trustee Robert Schneider dies
- Dispatcher tells 911 caller to 'deal with it yourself'
- The VA's new financial dilemma
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- Video alleges Planned Parenthood has 'black market in baby parts'
- NY prison worker pleads guilty in escape of 2 killers
Louisiana Fugitive Arrested In East Austin
Updated: Wednesday, November 6 2013, 03:22 PM CST
Law enforcement officials say they arrested a career criminal on the run from Louisiana in East Austin Wednesday morning.
Hector Gomez, with the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force, says 30-year-old Wade Jermaine Banks of Baton Rouge was arrested without incident in the 1000 block of Clayton Lane near the intersection of I-35 and Hwy 290.
Gomez says Banks fled from Baton Rouge after being charged with a battery offense which occurred in July of this year where the victim -- who had been in an abusive relationship with Banks, but was leaving him, according to the arrest affidavit -- was severely beaten, requiring hospitalization after sustaining a hairline fracture to her face.
Investigators were able to track him down to an apartment complex on Clayton Lane, Gomez says, and officers made the arrest after surveillance confirmed his location.
According to Gomez, Louisiana authorities say Banks has been arrested approximately 25 times for a variety of crimes such as battery to a police officer, burglary, first degree murder, armed robbery, kidnapping, assaults and Narcotics.
(Photo from the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force.)