- 2 Construction Contractors Cited For Downtown Austin Work Site Hazard
- City Government Part Of Austin Affordability Problem
- Former APD Officer Could Face Death Penalty For Girlfriend's Murder
- Central Texans Show Law Enforcement They 'Back The Blue'
- 1 Dead, 2 Injured As Police Search For Gunman Near Sacramento College Campus
- Over 2,000 WilCo Students' Truancy Records Expunged
- Austin Weather Forecast: WARMING UP
- Kraft Heinz Expands Kraft Singles Recall
- Alleged playground scammer's case to be handed over to FBI
- TCSO: Robbery Suspect Trying To Steal UT Flag Stabbed By Homeowner
- Some RRISD Buses Overcrowded
- Judge Will Hear Birth Certificate Case Next Month
- Trump signs pledge to back GOP's 2016 presidential nominee
- Store Owner Faces Backlash For Opening Customer's Questionable Mail
- Ex-APD Officer Charged With Capital Murder In Girlfriend's Death, Held Without Bond
- Capital Metro Releases Video Of East Austin Bus Accident
- 4 Arrested In Cedar Park Meth Bust
- Prosecutor Will Seek Death Penalty In SC Church Shootings
- Tonight's CBS programming delayed due to Dallas Cowboys football
- Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriage licenses
- Man blinds sheriff's helicopter pilot with hair growth laser comb
- Couple accused of holding teen sex slave each held on $21M bond
- Video shows parents with babies burglarize home
- Judge lets Brady play, ruling against NFL in 'Deflategate'
- One Marine Dead And 9 Hurt In Helicopter Training Exercise
- Kentucky Clerk To Face Federal Judge Over Gay Marriage
- Ex-APD Officer Sought In Samantha Dean Murder Now In Bastrop County Jail
- H-E-B Issues Voluntary Recall on Spring Water
- Texas Clinics File Supreme Court Appeal Of Abortion Law
- Missing Round Rock Man Found Safe
- Austin Limo & Taxi Drivers Don't Want To 'Pay The Price' Anymore
- Austin TNC Drivers Push City To Dump Proposed Regulations
- A Bold Move To Save A Man's Hand: Tucking It Into His Tummy
- Sheriff: Texas man killed by deputies appeared to hold knife
- Llano Co. Man Sentenced To 50 Years For Toddlers Death
- Semi-Truck Crashes In East Austin
- Court Documents: VonTrey Clark Charged With Capital Murder
- KEYE TV Helping Restore Del Valle Neighborhood's Phone Service
- Central TX Law Enforcement On High Alert Following String of Officer Shootings
- Clerk Again Asks For Delay In Gay-Marriage Case
- Uniformed police officer turned away at Arby's
- Man Saves Ribs From CA Apartment Fire
- Man Busted Allegedly Burglarizing Popular Downtown Bar
- $31.5 Million In State Funding Going To Alamo
- Blue Bell Resumes Production At Oklahoma Facility
- Off-Duty Abilene Police Officer Found Dead In Home
- VIDEO: VonTrey Clark leaving Bali jail in handcuffs
- Man arrested after having marijuana delivered to Austin shipping store
- Perry campaign will have 1 paid staffer in Iowa
- Texas man kills himself while taking selfie with gun
Louisiana Fugitive Arrested In East Austin
Updated: Wednesday, November 6 2013, 03:22 PM CST
Law enforcement officials say they arrested a career criminal on the run from Louisiana in East Austin Wednesday morning.
Hector Gomez, with the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force, says 30-year-old Wade Jermaine Banks of Baton Rouge was arrested without incident in the 1000 block of Clayton Lane near the intersection of I-35 and Hwy 290.
Gomez says Banks fled from Baton Rouge after being charged with a battery offense which occurred in July of this year where the victim -- who had been in an abusive relationship with Banks, but was leaving him, according to the arrest affidavit -- was severely beaten, requiring hospitalization after sustaining a hairline fracture to her face.
Investigators were able to track him down to an apartment complex on Clayton Lane, Gomez says, and officers made the arrest after surveillance confirmed his location.
According to Gomez, Louisiana authorities say Banks has been arrested approximately 25 times for a variety of crimes such as battery to a police officer, burglary, first degree murder, armed robbery, kidnapping, assaults and Narcotics.
(Photo from the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force.)