- Deadly African Snail Found In Texas
- ACL Line-Up, Gatsby Soundtrack, Water-Skiing Baby: It's Your hot Shot Videos
- Legally-Blind Guy Able to Drive, Funny Voice Over of Walking Dead, and Shadow Dancers: It's Your Hot Shot Videos
- Hiccups On-Air, Crazy Camels, and Cute Puppies: Today's Hot Shot Videos
- Correspondent Dinner, Clucks, & Cats: Latest in Viral Videos
- Top Trending Videos
- Judge Fines Himself After Phone Disrupts Court
- Rattlesnake Found In Backpack At New Braunfels Bus Stop
- Burning Snake Catches 2 Texas Homes On Fire
- Rattlesnake Handler Hospitalized With 12th Snakebite
- Bad 'Fresh Prince' Rap Triggers Pa. Lockdown
- 9 Different Ways We Sit in the Office, All Thanks To Tech
- 104-Year-Old Woman Too Old For Facebook
- SugarDaddie.com Propositioned Sugar Land, Texas
- US Postal Service To Start Clothing Line
- Lemur Attacks Texas Mail Carrier
- Austin Ranks No. 7 In Most Attractive People
- Texas City Now Features See-Through Bathroom In Town Square
- Cat Circus Purr-forms In Austin
- Thief Strikes Seattle Woman Helping At Crash Scene
- Woman Who Drove On Sidewalk Holds 'Idiot' Sign
- New Beauty Treatment Is Literally A Slap In The Face
- Breastfeeding Baby Doll -- Creepy Or Groundbreaking?
- Great Video: Deer Crashes Into Office Building Window
- Police: Costumed Pa. Girl Mistaken For Skunk, Shot
- Dallas-Area Man Charged
- San Antonio Truck Wreck Spills Pinto Beans
- Woman Accused of Running Prostitution Business Out of Zumba Dance Studio
- Florida Roach-Eating Contest Leaves One Dead
- Man Dies Amid Brawl At Wedding In Downtown Philadelphia
- Underwater Crop Circles Discovered
- No Driver Needed for this Car
- Buy a Ring, Get a Rifle
- Indian Man Pulls Train with His Hair
- Nevada Man Leaves Behind $7 Million In Gold Coins
- Beard and Mustache Chapionships
- Stowaway Cat Survives 10 Hour Plane Ride In Suitcase
- City Replaces Texas Mayor Killed In Donkey Attack
- Seven-Year-Old Does Four Thousand Push-Ups
- Implosion Brings Down Fort Worth Building
- Giant Pumpkins on the Grow
- One-Ton Bacon Cheeseburger Sets New World Record
- Outrage Flares Over 'Hitler' Garment Shop
- Tomato Throwing Festival Makes a Mess
- News Chopper Narrowly Avoids Disaster
- American Wins World Air-Guitar Championship
- Man Killed While Trying To Create Bigfoot Sighting
- Central Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband
- Bar Tries To Trademark 'I Can't Remember The Alamo'
- Dare-Devil Woman Crosses the Line
- Toilet Paper Taking on a New 'Roll'
- Inflatable Bike Helmet
- Ala. Man Fights To Keep Wife Buried In Front Yard
- 70 Year Old Skydives 70 Times
- Mechanics Beat the Heat
- Wrong Way on the Highway
- Having a Cow at the Illinois Fair
- Pennsylvania Road Crew Paints Yellow Line Over Dead Raccoon
- Lawn Mower Destruction
- Bear Raids Candy Store
- Moose out for Recess
- Cupcake ATM Dispenses Sweet Dough
- Sea Lion Escapes
- Boy Discovers WWII Bomb
- Angry Vermont Farmer Crushes Police Cars With Tractor
- Suspect In Tiny Smart Car Leads DPS Troopers On Chase
- Amber Alerts For Pets?
- Hasselhoff Still Hot In New England
- Minnesota Officials Bemoan Deer Stand 'Mansions'
- Cat Jumps On TV Reporter While On The Air
- Tropical Storm Debby Creates Dozens Of Sinkholes
- Wedding Party Falls Into a Lake
- Giant Turtles Shelling Out For Divorce
- Texas Woman Uses Paint Ball Gun To Stop Suspect
- High Kick Puts Halt on Robbery
- Shin Kicking as a Sport
- Deer Breaks Through Window
- DUI on a Lawn Mower
- Junk Food Trail Leads Police to Suspected Robbers
- Chinese Bus Driver Gives His Life To Save 24 Passengers
- Houston Waiter Gets $5,000 Tip
- Elderly Skydiver Nearly Falls Out of Parachute
- It's Raining Dogs
- 70 Years to Find Love
- Tornado Crashes Kansas Wedding
- Valedictorian; Multiplied by 25
- 109,000 Calorie Bacon Cheese Burger
- Man Makes Amends for Stealing Plants -- in 1958
- Former Stripper Selling More Than Just Hot Dogs
- Monkeying Around with the iPad
- Idaho Man Accused of Using Gun to Force 'Moonwalk'
- Caught On Camera: Suspected Robber Pulls Risky Stunt During Chase
- 4-foot-long Alligator Removed From Street In Bryan
- Sea Lion Steals Salmon Snack From Fisherman
- 9-Year-Old Kayaking Kid Catches Shark In Texas
- Most Singles Would Give Up High Paying Job For Love
- Alligator Shows Up At Motel, Bites Guest
- Feathers Fly On International Pillow Fight Day
- Pack Of Chihuahuas Rounded Up In Corpus Christi
- Cleaning Museum Owner Sparkles With Pride
- 13-Year-Old Is Hot Stuff
- Man Steals From Judge; Caught Via Facebook
- TX State Researches Vultures
- Doctors Remove Magnets From Child's Intestines
- Toilet Seat Museum Draws Visitors
- Mother Arrested After Iowa Toddler found Drunk
- Rare Abraham Lincoln Campaign Token Found
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Man Granted Permission To Tight Rope Walk Niagara Falls
- Pole Greasers Entertain Mardi Gras Crowd
- Shovel Racers Rocket Down Ski Slope
- Sewage Plant Offers Valentine Special
- Mom gives birth to 13 pound baby
- Embarrassing 'SHCOOL' sign replaced in NYC
- Doctors remove 60 pound tumor
- Ill. man didn't know he'd shot nail into his brain
- Cleveland TV station hosts puppet court
- Monster emerald could end up in Texas
- Police: Pa. robbery suspect used infection threat
- Fugitive's suit against Kansas hostages dismissed
- Out of room, Mass. man gives up 94 hamsters
- Apple halts sale of iPhone 4S amid customer anger
- Cell phone stops concert
- Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop arrested in Wis.
Houston Waiter Gets $5,000 Tip
Updated: Thursday, May 31 2012, 10:18 AM CDT
A Houston waiter got quite a shock this weekend when his customers left him a whopping $5,000 tip.
Greg Rubar has worked as a waiter at D'Amico's in Rice Village for 16 years. And in that time, he's gotten a lot of large tips for his service.
But on Saturday, he said a pair of regulars gave him the biggest gift of all.
"He just said, 'Here. We're still going to come in, but we're not going to tip you for a while. This is for you. This is enough money for you to go and buy a nice car.'"
The married couple, who asked us not to use their names, knows that Rubar lost his car in a severe storm several weeks ago and had been taking cabs and buses in order to get to work.
So, after finishing their $27 lunch of soup and wine over the weekend, the couple handed the married father of three an envelope containing $5,000 in cash.
"It's a little shocking to hear that. I thought, yeah, maybe 500, but 5,000 is quite a generous tip."
The amount of money even surprised Rubar's boss, but she says she can't imagine a more deserving person.
"He's an incredibly hard worker. He would work every shift if we would let him," Brina D'Amico Donaldson said.
As for Rubar, he says he still can't believe that two of his customers went out of their way to help him.
"People can be generous. They told me they felt like I deserved it. It's overwhelming to me," he said.
Rubar says he does plan to use that tip to buy himself a car.