- Texas Police Say Man 'Obsessed' With Woman, Corpse Missing
- Body Of Woman Taken From San Antonio Funeral Home
- Snakes Infest Houston Home
- Experts warn 'DIY braces' trend can ruin teeth
- Maine Woman Finds Deadly Spider In Grapes
- Florida Mom Caught Using Son To Start Car With Breathalyzer
- Former President George W. Bush Not Chosen For Dallas Jury
- Man Rolling Under Moving Train Caught On Camera
- Aggressive Cobra Found At Houston High-Rise Apartments
- Drunk driving suspect found naked on barn roof
- Man dismissed from jury duty for wearing prisoner costume
- Police: man baked potato, raked leaves during break-in
- Houston-Area Man Sues After Flooding Displaces Wife's Casket
- Slow Police Chase From Fort Worth To Arlington Ends In Crash
- Dead Hog Tied To Beaumont School's Flagpole
- Medical Marijuana Available For Texas Pets
- Woman Eats 3 Steak Dinners In 20 Minutes
- Colorado Dog Gets Prosthetics For All 4 Legs
- Elephant Hauler Gets Stuck; Pachyderms Keep Truck Upright
- Man Trains Dog To Walk
- Man's Body Found In Fireplace
- Debates Rage Over Color Of Dress Photographed In Rare Light
- Mission To Mars Gets Real For Former Austinite
- Woman Loses Eyesight From Cat Lick
- Austin Grill Has Valentine's Day Drink, Earrings For $30K
- 'George Jefferson' Haircut A Hit
- 'Professor Dumpster' Wraps Up Year Living Inside East Austin Dumpster
- Texas 4th Grader Suspended Over Lord Of The Rings Reference
- Rattlesnakes Visit Texas Capitol
- After Being Hit By Car Tampa Cat Crawls Back From Grave
- Man Finds Car Part In Arm From Wreck 50 Years Ago
- Santa Firefighter Saves Man From Burning Home
- UT Starts Investigation Into Missing Human Brains
- AP: Charles Manson Gets Marriage License
- Father Of 'Affluenza' Teen Arrested In North Texas
- Professor Dumpster Upgrades To AC
- Caterpillar Stings Sending Central Texans To ER
- Kinky Couple: West Virginia Woman Walks Naked Man On A Leash
- Bear Wanders Around Convenience Store
- Car Slams Into NY Gas Station, Catches Fire
- Man Charged With Stealing Human Skin From Hospital
- Malaysia Says Cadbury Chocolates Free From Pork
- Bear Caught Lounging On Hammock
- Robbery Suspect Friends Victim On Facebook
- Deer Runs Through NC Hospital
- Urban Legend Confirmed, Atari E.T. Games Found In Landfill
- Newlywed Get Selfie With Pope
- Houston Man Pays $5,000 for Return of Missing Cat
- 'Miracle Man' Dies Again
- Gorilla Baby Born Through C-section
Snake Found In San Antonio Starbucks Toilet
Updated: Thursday, September 5 2013, 12:46 PM CDT
A Starbucks customer in San Antonio got a "grande" surprise when he went into the store's bathroom.
The man came face to face with a snake that was hanging out on the toilet.
Bruce Ahlswede isn't a snake lover so you can imagine his shock when he spotted one slithering around this Starbucks at Bandera road and Loop 1604.
"I looked down at the toilet and I see this snake lying across the toilet," he said.
He thought it was a fake but when it moved he knew it was the real deal and alerted employees.
"I said 'Hey, you know you've got a snake in your bathroom' and she's kind of freaking out so we went back in and watched it as it slithered back and around down underneath the rim of the bowl and right inside," Ahlswede said.
His wife snapped this picture before it disappeared. She posted it to Facebook and got all kinds of responses.
"A lot of people were really freaked out and some said 'thanks a lot.' They were over their phobia of this ever happening," Michelle Ahlswede said.
Experts tell us it's most likely a Texas rat snake. They aren't poisonous and sometimes find their way into toilets and other plumbing.
Starbucks says the safety of their customers is a top priority. They called in a specialist who performed an inspection and determined there were no further safety concerns.
The couple returned to the store to follow up on the situation. They said employees told them, so far they haven't been able to find that snake so as far as they know it could still be in that men's room. Despite the creepy encounter they say they'll remain Starbucks customers but they plan to change their bathroom habits".
"Yeah, I'm going to take a closer look definitely lift the seat and be a little more careful because you know," Ahlswede said.