- Semi Truck Carrying Bees Overturns; Swarms Unleashed On Oklahoma Highway
- PETA sues to give monkey the copyright of selfie photos
- Oscar Mayer Launches Dating App For Bacon Lovers
- Paint Masterpiece With Donald Trump's Face
- Man Saves Ribs From CA Apartment Fire
- Trump: 'I Swear' My Hair Is Not A Toupee
- Texas Police Say Man 'Obsessed' With Woman, Corpse Missing
- Body Of Woman Taken From San Antonio Funeral Home
- Snakes Infest Houston Home
- Experts warn 'DIY braces' trend can ruin teeth
- Maine Woman Finds Deadly Spider In Grapes
- Florida Mom Caught Using Son To Start Car With Breathalyzer
- Former President George W. Bush Not Chosen For Dallas Jury
- Man Rolling Under Moving Train Caught On Camera
- Aggressive Cobra Found At Houston High-Rise Apartments
- Drunk driving suspect found naked on barn roof
- Man dismissed from jury duty for wearing prisoner costume
- Police: man baked potato, raked leaves during break-in
- Houston-Area Man Sues After Flooding Displaces Wife's Casket
- Slow Police Chase From Fort Worth To Arlington Ends In Crash
- Dead Hog Tied To Beaumont School's Flagpole
- Medical Marijuana Available For Texas Pets
- Woman Eats 3 Steak Dinners In 20 Minutes
- Colorado Dog Gets Prosthetics For All 4 Legs
- Elephant Hauler Gets Stuck; Pachyderms Keep Truck Upright
- Man Trains Dog To Walk
- Man's Body Found In Fireplace
- Debates Rage Over Color Of Dress Photographed In Rare Light
- Mission To Mars Gets Real For Former Austinite
- Woman Loses Eyesight From Cat Lick
- Austin Grill Has Valentine's Day Drink, Earrings For $30K
- 'George Jefferson' Haircut A Hit
- 'Professor Dumpster' Wraps Up Year Living Inside East Austin Dumpster
- Texas 4th Grader Suspended Over Lord Of The Rings Reference
- Rattlesnakes Visit Texas Capitol
- After Being Hit By Car Tampa Cat Crawls Back From Grave
- Man Finds Car Part In Arm From Wreck 50 Years Ago
- Santa Firefighter Saves Man From Burning Home
- UT Starts Investigation Into Missing Human Brains
- AP: Charles Manson Gets Marriage License
- Father Of 'Affluenza' Teen Arrested In North Texas
- Professor Dumpster Upgrades To AC
- Caterpillar Stings Sending Central Texans To ER
- Kinky Couple: West Virginia Woman Walks Naked Man On A Leash
- Bear Wanders Around Convenience Store
- Car Slams Into NY Gas Station, Catches Fire
- Man Charged With Stealing Human Skin From Hospital
- Malaysia Says Cadbury Chocolates Free From Pork
- Bear Caught Lounging On Hammock
- Robbery Suspect Friends Victim On Facebook
104-Year-Old Woman Too Old For Facebook
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
Facebook forced a 104-years-old Michigan woman to lie about her age to get an account.
Marguerite Joseph is legally blind and is hard of hearing. But each day her granddaughter, Gail Marlow, reads and responds to all of her grandma's Facebook messages to keep her connected to family and friends across the country.
When her granddaughter set up the account a couple of year ago, 1908 as her birth year was not an option. She's been forced to be 99 online for years.
Every time Gail tried to change the settings to the right age, Facebook always came back with the same message. The words unknown error popped up. And it reverted back to 99 years old.
"I would like to say she's 104 years old on Facebook," Marlow said. "And on April 19, she's going to be 105."
And that's a number that motivated Gail to go straight to the top. She sent message after message to Mark Zuckerberg himself. But after four years of trying, the age 104 is still too much for even Facebook to compute.
But no matter what age her profile says you can't put a number of the time Marguerite and Gail spend together.
"It's an opportunity to share my grandmother's amazing life and her journey through life, to share it with other people. So they can see here are this wonderful woman and the incredible things that she does," Marlow said.
Stories about Marguerite finally got the attention of Facebook. Spokesman Andrew Noyes said Facebook was aware of the issue.
"We are working on a fix for this and we apologize for the inconvenience," he said.