- West Texas Schlotzky Closes For Attitude Adjustment
- World's Largest Gingerbread House in Central Texas
- 'Selfie' Is Word Of The Year
- Ax Wielding Woman Stops Thief
- SE Texas Woman Ready To Serve Jail Time For Pet Pig
- Haunted Police Station In Richmond, Texas
- 82-Year-Old Student Voted College Homecoming Queen
- Driveway Halloween Prank Puts Neighbors On Edge
- Neiman Marcus 2013 Christmas Catalog Unveiled
- Tattooed Jesus Billboard Stirs Up Controversy In Lubbock
- Whataburger Celebrates Founder's Birthday With $1 Whataburgers
- North Texas Group Unveils Bigfoot Evidence
- Type Of Beer Indicates Your Chance For A Love Connection
- Super Speedy Bus Boy Amazes Customers
- Men, Lower Incomes Spend More On Lunch
- Sinkhole Vs Pothole In Florida; Pothole Wins
- Father Wears Short Shorts To Send Daughter A Message
- Snake Found In San Antonio Starbucks Toilet
- High School Football Game Ends In Brawl
- Texas Fair Names Winners Of Fried Food Contest
- Texas Maze Honors First Responders
- 8 Fried Finalists Named For Texas Fair Honors
- Texan Gets OK To Wear Pasta Strainer For Driver's License Photo
- Baseball Team Gives Free Funeral As A Prize
- Paralyzed Bride Walks Down The Aisle
- Bees Delay Plane at North Carolina Airport
- Joey Chestnut Wins 7th Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Deadly African Snail Found In Texas
- ACL Line-Up, Gatsby Soundtrack, Water-Skiing Baby: It's Your hot Shot Videos
- Legally-Blind Guy Able to Drive, Funny Voice Over of Walking Dead, and Shadow Dancers: It's Your Hot Shot Videos
- Hiccups On-Air, Crazy Camels, and Cute Puppies: Today's Hot Shot Videos
- Correspondent Dinner, Clucks, & Cats: Latest in Viral Videos
- Top Trending Videos
- Judge Fines Himself After Phone Disrupts Court
- Rattlesnake Found In Backpack At New Braunfels Bus Stop
- Burning Snake Catches 2 Texas Homes On Fire
- Rattlesnake Handler Hospitalized With 12th Snakebite
- Bad 'Fresh Prince' Rap Triggers Pa. Lockdown
- 9 Different Ways We Sit in the Office, All Thanks To Tech
- 104-Year-Old Woman Too Old For Facebook
- SugarDaddie.com Propositioned Sugar Land, Texas
- US Postal Service To Start Clothing Line
- Lemur Attacks Texas Mail Carrier
- Austin Ranks No. 7 In Most Attractive People
- Texas City Now Features See-Through Bathroom In Town Square
- Cat Circus Purr-forms In Austin
- Thief Strikes Seattle Woman Helping At Crash Scene
- Woman Who Drove On Sidewalk Holds 'Idiot' Sign
- New Beauty Treatment Is Literally A Slap In The Face
- Breastfeeding Baby Doll -- Creepy Or Groundbreaking?
- Great Video: Deer Crashes Into Office Building Window
- Police: Costumed Pa. Girl Mistaken For Skunk, Shot
- Dallas-Area Man Charged
- San Antonio Truck Wreck Spills Pinto Beans
- Woman Accused of Running Prostitution Business Out of Zumba Dance Studio
- Florida Roach-Eating Contest Leaves One Dead
- Man Dies Amid Brawl At Wedding In Downtown Philadelphia
- Underwater Crop Circles Discovered
- No Driver Needed for this Car
- Buy a Ring, Get a Rifle
- Indian Man Pulls Train with His Hair
- Nevada Man Leaves Behind $7 Million In Gold Coins
- Beard and Mustache Chapionships
- Stowaway Cat Survives 10 Hour Plane Ride In Suitcase
- City Replaces Texas Mayor Killed In Donkey Attack
- Seven-Year-Old Does Four Thousand Push-Ups
- Implosion Brings Down Fort Worth Building
- Giant Pumpkins on the Grow
- One-Ton Bacon Cheeseburger Sets New World Record
- Outrage Flares Over 'Hitler' Garment Shop
- Tomato Throwing Festival Makes a Mess
- News Chopper Narrowly Avoids Disaster
- American Wins World Air-Guitar Championship
- Man Killed While Trying To Create Bigfoot Sighting
- Central Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband
- Bar Tries To Trademark 'I Can't Remember The Alamo'
- Dare-Devil Woman Crosses the Line
- Toilet Paper Taking on a New 'Roll'
- Inflatable Bike Helmet
- Ala. Man Fights To Keep Wife Buried In Front Yard
- 70 Year Old Skydives 70 Times
- Mechanics Beat the Heat
- Wrong Way on the Highway
- Having a Cow at the Illinois Fair
- Pennsylvania Road Crew Paints Yellow Line Over Dead Raccoon
- Lawn Mower Destruction
- Bear Raids Candy Store
- Moose out for Recess
- Cupcake ATM Dispenses Sweet Dough
- Sea Lion Escapes
- Boy Discovers WWII Bomb
- Angry Vermont Farmer Crushes Police Cars With Tractor
- Suspect In Tiny Smart Car Leads DPS Troopers On Chase
- Amber Alerts For Pets?
- Hasselhoff Still Hot In New England
- Minnesota Officials Bemoan Deer Stand 'Mansions'
- Cat Jumps On TV Reporter While On The Air
- Tropical Storm Debby Creates Dozens Of Sinkholes
- Wedding Party Falls Into a Lake
- Giant Turtles Shelling Out For Divorce
- Texas Woman Uses Paint Ball Gun To Stop Suspect
- High Kick Puts Halt on Robbery
- Shin Kicking as a Sport
- Deer Breaks Through Window
- DUI on a Lawn Mower
- Junk Food Trail Leads Police to Suspected Robbers
- Chinese Bus Driver Gives His Life To Save 24 Passengers
- Houston Waiter Gets $5,000 Tip
- Elderly Skydiver Nearly Falls Out of Parachute
- It's Raining Dogs
- 70 Years to Find Love
- Tornado Crashes Kansas Wedding
- Valedictorian; Multiplied by 25
- 109,000 Calorie Bacon Cheese Burger
- Man Makes Amends for Stealing Plants -- in 1958
- Former Stripper Selling More Than Just Hot Dogs
- Monkeying Around with the iPad
- Idaho Man Accused of Using Gun to Force 'Moonwalk'
- Caught On Camera: Suspected Robber Pulls Risky Stunt During Chase
- 4-foot-long Alligator Removed From Street In Bryan
- Sea Lion Steals Salmon Snack From Fisherman
- 9-Year-Old Kayaking Kid Catches Shark In Texas
- Most Singles Would Give Up High Paying Job For Love
- Alligator Shows Up At Motel, Bites Guest
- Feathers Fly On International Pillow Fight Day
- Pack Of Chihuahuas Rounded Up In Corpus Christi
- Cleaning Museum Owner Sparkles With Pride
- 13-Year-Old Is Hot Stuff
- Man Steals From Judge; Caught Via Facebook
- TX State Researches Vultures
- Doctors Remove Magnets From Child's Intestines
- Toilet Seat Museum Draws Visitors
- Mother Arrested After Iowa Toddler found Drunk
- Rare Abraham Lincoln Campaign Token Found
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Man Granted Permission To Tight Rope Walk Niagara Falls
- Pole Greasers Entertain Mardi Gras Crowd
- Shovel Racers Rocket Down Ski Slope
- Sewage Plant Offers Valentine Special
- Mom gives birth to 13 pound baby
- Embarrassing 'SHCOOL' sign replaced in NYC
- Doctors remove 60 pound tumor
- Ill. man didn't know he'd shot nail into his brain
- Cleveland TV station hosts puppet court
- Monster emerald could end up in Texas
- Police: Pa. robbery suspect used infection threat
- Fugitive's suit against Kansas hostages dismissed
- Out of room, Mass. man gives up 94 hamsters
- Apple halts sale of iPhone 4S amid customer anger
- Cell phone stops concert
- Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop arrested in Wis.
American Wins World Air-Guitar Championship
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
Justin "Nordic Thunder" Howard from the US won the 17th Air Guitar World Championships in Oulu, Finland on Friday (August 24).
The Air Guitar World Championships is a three day event with international contestants that culminates in a Grand Finale at Rotuaari Square in the center of Oulu in Northern Finland.
Around 5,000 people gathered in the city center to watch 18 contestants from around the world battle for the grand prize...a real guitar.
"Everyone is very excited of course since this is a big event and so forth, so everyone is always looking forward to this happening," a spectator said.
In the Grand Finale, National Air Guitar Champions from Japan, UK, US, Belgium, Germany, Finland, Denmark, The Netherlands, Russia, Czech Republic, France and Estonia battled it out alongside "Dark Horses" -- five finalists from a qualifying round held on Thursday (August 23).
The world championships was first organized in Oulu in 1996. Previous world champion Aline "The Devil's Niece" Westphal from Germany said her performance in this year's competition was "more crazy".
"The performance this year is very different from the performance last year, it's more girlie style, it's wild, it's rock n' roll style and it's not so dramatic as last year and yeah, a little bit more crazy, I think," Westphal, who came in 8th place on Friday, said.
Contestants must impress both the judges and the audience with their air guitar skills.
In the first round, contestants played a song of their choice. The 10 contestants with the highest score went through to the second round, where they performed 'Loose My Soul' by the Flaming Sideburns.
"I for myself, I like improvisations. That is the main thing for me, but of course you have to look at the whole performance and I think my heart decides who is the best one. It's that simple and difficult at the same time," said judge Juha Torvinen, a well-known Finnish guitarist.
"Nordic Thunder" Howard won the 2011 National Competition in the US and went through the qualifying round to enter this year's final.
His strategy was to immediately get the attention of the judges.
"Going early in a competition is tough because the judges, they are going to be conservative with their scores until they see someone that really pops, so my plan is to come out and be that one that's like 'paah'," he said.
"I feel amazing, I feel loved, I feel like crying and laughing and hugging," "Nordic Thunder" said after he was announced the winner.
The Air Guitar World Championships aims to promote world peace. "According to the ideology of the Air Guitar, wars would end, climate change stop and all bad things disappear if all the people in the world played Air Guitar", the championships official website states.