- Trump: 'I Swear' My Hair Is Not A Toupee
- Texas Police Say Man 'Obsessed' With Woman, Corpse Missing
- Body Of Woman Taken From San Antonio Funeral Home
- Snakes Infest Houston Home
- Experts warn 'DIY braces' trend can ruin teeth
- Maine Woman Finds Deadly Spider In Grapes
- Florida Mom Caught Using Son To Start Car With Breathalyzer
- Former President George W. Bush Not Chosen For Dallas Jury
- Man Rolling Under Moving Train Caught On Camera
- Aggressive Cobra Found At Houston High-Rise Apartments
- Drunk driving suspect found naked on barn roof
- Man dismissed from jury duty for wearing prisoner costume
- Police: man baked potato, raked leaves during break-in
- Houston-Area Man Sues After Flooding Displaces Wife's Casket
- Slow Police Chase From Fort Worth To Arlington Ends In Crash
- Dead Hog Tied To Beaumont School's Flagpole
- Medical Marijuana Available For Texas Pets
- Woman Eats 3 Steak Dinners In 20 Minutes
- Colorado Dog Gets Prosthetics For All 4 Legs
- Elephant Hauler Gets Stuck; Pachyderms Keep Truck Upright
- Man Trains Dog To Walk
- Man's Body Found In Fireplace
- Debates Rage Over Color Of Dress Photographed In Rare Light
- Mission To Mars Gets Real For Former Austinite
- Woman Loses Eyesight From Cat Lick
- Austin Grill Has Valentine's Day Drink, Earrings For $30K
- 'George Jefferson' Haircut A Hit
- 'Professor Dumpster' Wraps Up Year Living Inside East Austin Dumpster
- Texas 4th Grader Suspended Over Lord Of The Rings Reference
- Rattlesnakes Visit Texas Capitol
- After Being Hit By Car Tampa Cat Crawls Back From Grave
- Man Finds Car Part In Arm From Wreck 50 Years Ago
- Santa Firefighter Saves Man From Burning Home
- UT Starts Investigation Into Missing Human Brains
- AP: Charles Manson Gets Marriage License
- Father Of 'Affluenza' Teen Arrested In North Texas
- Professor Dumpster Upgrades To AC
- Caterpillar Stings Sending Central Texans To ER
- Kinky Couple: West Virginia Woman Walks Naked Man On A Leash
- Bear Wanders Around Convenience Store
- Car Slams Into NY Gas Station, Catches Fire
- Man Charged With Stealing Human Skin From Hospital
- Malaysia Says Cadbury Chocolates Free From Pork
- Bear Caught Lounging On Hammock
- Robbery Suspect Friends Victim On Facebook
- Deer Runs Through NC Hospital
- Urban Legend Confirmed, Atari E.T. Games Found In Landfill
- Newlywed Get Selfie With Pope
- Houston Man Pays $5,000 for Return of Missing Cat
- 'Miracle Man' Dies Again
Chinese Bus Driver Gives His Life To Save 24 Passengers
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
Wu Bin, a 48-year-old bus driver lost no time to stop his vehicle and saved 24 passengers after an unidentified object broke through the windscreen and hit him badly.
The driver died of the wounds four days later in a hospital.
Wu was driving a bus from Hangzhou, the capital of east China's Zhejiang Provincial, back to Wuxi city in Jiangsu Province. A piece of strange object suddenly dashed broken the windshield of the bus traveling on the Yangshan section of the Wuxi-Yixing highway on Tuesday.
"The object like a piece of iron flew from the opposite lane to pierce through the windshield and hit Wu on his abdomen and his arms," said Chen Yibo, head of the security check office of Hangzhou Long-Distance Passenger Transportation Company.
Leaving no time for his own injures, the driver managed to focus on slowing down the bus to stop, for safety of the passengers on board.
"He turned on the hazard warning lights after the bus stopped, pulled the handbrake and advised passengers not to run around as the bus was still on a highway," said Chen Yibo.
The badly wounded driver was sent to t local hospital one hour later. The hospital announced his death of Friday morning.
The passengers felt grateful to the driver for saving their lives.
It's said the object was a part falling from a truck coming in an opposite way. The heavy hit left the driver's heart damaged and another three ribs broken.