- Deadly African Snail Found In Texas
- ACL Line-Up, Gatsby Soundtrack, Water-Skiing Baby: It's Your hot Shot Videos
- Legally-Blind Guy Able to Drive, Funny Voice Over of Walking Dead, and Shadow Dancers: It's Your Hot Shot Videos
- Hiccups On-Air, Crazy Camels, and Cute Puppies: Today's Hot Shot Videos
- Correspondent Dinner, Clucks, & Cats: Latest in Viral Videos
- Top Trending Videos
- Judge Fines Himself After Phone Disrupts Court
- Rattlesnake Found In Backpack At New Braunfels Bus Stop
- Burning Snake Catches 2 Texas Homes On Fire
- Rattlesnake Handler Hospitalized With 12th Snakebite
- Bad 'Fresh Prince' Rap Triggers Pa. Lockdown
- 9 Different Ways We Sit in the Office, All Thanks To Tech
- 104-Year-Old Woman Too Old For Facebook
- SugarDaddie.com Propositioned Sugar Land, Texas
- US Postal Service To Start Clothing Line
- Lemur Attacks Texas Mail Carrier
- Austin Ranks No. 7 In Most Attractive People
- Texas City Now Features See-Through Bathroom In Town Square
- Cat Circus Purr-forms In Austin
- Thief Strikes Seattle Woman Helping At Crash Scene
- Woman Who Drove On Sidewalk Holds 'Idiot' Sign
- New Beauty Treatment Is Literally A Slap In The Face
- Breastfeeding Baby Doll -- Creepy Or Groundbreaking?
- Great Video: Deer Crashes Into Office Building Window
- Police: Costumed Pa. Girl Mistaken For Skunk, Shot
- Dallas-Area Man Charged
- San Antonio Truck Wreck Spills Pinto Beans
- Woman Accused of Running Prostitution Business Out of Zumba Dance Studio
- Florida Roach-Eating Contest Leaves One Dead
- Man Dies Amid Brawl At Wedding In Downtown Philadelphia
- Underwater Crop Circles Discovered
- No Driver Needed for this Car
- Buy a Ring, Get a Rifle
- Indian Man Pulls Train with His Hair
- Nevada Man Leaves Behind $7 Million In Gold Coins
- Beard and Mustache Chapionships
- Stowaway Cat Survives 10 Hour Plane Ride In Suitcase
- City Replaces Texas Mayor Killed In Donkey Attack
- Seven-Year-Old Does Four Thousand Push-Ups
- Implosion Brings Down Fort Worth Building
- Giant Pumpkins on the Grow
- One-Ton Bacon Cheeseburger Sets New World Record
- Outrage Flares Over 'Hitler' Garment Shop
- Tomato Throwing Festival Makes a Mess
- News Chopper Narrowly Avoids Disaster
- American Wins World Air-Guitar Championship
- Man Killed While Trying To Create Bigfoot Sighting
- Central Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband
- Bar Tries To Trademark 'I Can't Remember The Alamo'
- Dare-Devil Woman Crosses the Line
- Toilet Paper Taking on a New 'Roll'
- Inflatable Bike Helmet
- Ala. Man Fights To Keep Wife Buried In Front Yard
- 70 Year Old Skydives 70 Times
- Mechanics Beat the Heat
- Wrong Way on the Highway
- Having a Cow at the Illinois Fair
- Pennsylvania Road Crew Paints Yellow Line Over Dead Raccoon
- Lawn Mower Destruction
- Bear Raids Candy Store
- Moose out for Recess
- Cupcake ATM Dispenses Sweet Dough
- Sea Lion Escapes
- Boy Discovers WWII Bomb
- Angry Vermont Farmer Crushes Police Cars With Tractor
- Suspect In Tiny Smart Car Leads DPS Troopers On Chase
- Amber Alerts For Pets?
- Hasselhoff Still Hot In New England
- Minnesota Officials Bemoan Deer Stand 'Mansions'
- Cat Jumps On TV Reporter While On The Air
- Tropical Storm Debby Creates Dozens Of Sinkholes
- Wedding Party Falls Into a Lake
- Giant Turtles Shelling Out For Divorce
- Texas Woman Uses Paint Ball Gun To Stop Suspect
- High Kick Puts Halt on Robbery
- Shin Kicking as a Sport
- Deer Breaks Through Window
- DUI on a Lawn Mower
- Junk Food Trail Leads Police to Suspected Robbers
- Chinese Bus Driver Gives His Life To Save 24 Passengers
- Houston Waiter Gets $5,000 Tip
- Elderly Skydiver Nearly Falls Out of Parachute
- It's Raining Dogs
- 70 Years to Find Love
- Tornado Crashes Kansas Wedding
- Valedictorian; Multiplied by 25
- 109,000 Calorie Bacon Cheese Burger
- Man Makes Amends for Stealing Plants -- in 1958
- Former Stripper Selling More Than Just Hot Dogs
- Monkeying Around with the iPad
- Idaho Man Accused of Using Gun to Force 'Moonwalk'
- Caught On Camera: Suspected Robber Pulls Risky Stunt During Chase
- 4-foot-long Alligator Removed From Street In Bryan
- Sea Lion Steals Salmon Snack From Fisherman
- 9-Year-Old Kayaking Kid Catches Shark In Texas
- Most Singles Would Give Up High Paying Job For Love
- Alligator Shows Up At Motel, Bites Guest
- Feathers Fly On International Pillow Fight Day
- Pack Of Chihuahuas Rounded Up In Corpus Christi
- Cleaning Museum Owner Sparkles With Pride
- 13-Year-Old Is Hot Stuff
- Man Steals From Judge; Caught Via Facebook
- TX State Researches Vultures
- Doctors Remove Magnets From Child's Intestines
- Toilet Seat Museum Draws Visitors
- Mother Arrested After Iowa Toddler found Drunk
- Rare Abraham Lincoln Campaign Token Found
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Man Granted Permission To Tight Rope Walk Niagara Falls
- Pole Greasers Entertain Mardi Gras Crowd
- Shovel Racers Rocket Down Ski Slope
- Sewage Plant Offers Valentine Special
- Mom gives birth to 13 pound baby
- Embarrassing 'SHCOOL' sign replaced in NYC
- Doctors remove 60 pound tumor
- Ill. man didn't know he'd shot nail into his brain
- Cleveland TV station hosts puppet court
- Monster emerald could end up in Texas
- Police: Pa. robbery suspect used infection threat
- Fugitive's suit against Kansas hostages dismissed
- Out of room, Mass. man gives up 94 hamsters
- Apple halts sale of iPhone 4S amid customer anger
- Cell phone stops concert
- Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop arrested in Wis.
Cleaning Museum Owner Sparkles With Pride
Updated: Monday, March 19 2012, 07:57 AM CDT
While some of us are only just now starting to think about spring cleaning, one man we know never stops cleaning no matter the season.
CBS’s Steve Hartman found him in Pocatello, Idaho.
It is hard to believe there are 17,000 museums in America and until now, no one ever thought to build this the most important one.
"There are plane museums, train museums, hammer museums, cotton museums… What is the most important word in the world besides faith? Clean,” says Don Aslett.
Don Aslett built, paid for, and now vacuums the world's first museum dedicated to the history and promotion of cleaning. It's an acre of old brooms, dustpans, everything under the suds. And surprisingly, unlike many of the exhibits, this museum doesn't suck wind.
"One of the most unique ones is the guy sit in the chair,” says Aslett as he describes vacuume chair.
“There's a vacuum underneath him and he went back and forth like this and the woman vacuumed."
Unfortunately, others are less amused.
Don tells kids, "This is a cleaning museum. Everybody really loves to clean, right? “The question is followed by silence. Maybe a homework museum would go over better.
Don says the kids are a, “Hard sell. Hard sell."
So why bother? For Don it's a mission that began almost 60 years ago. In college, he started Varsity house cleaning. It was a single truck business that eventually grew into 250-million-dollar-a-year company.
Along the way, he says he learned something about people; that cleanliness carries over into all aspects of your life. According to Don, "How you clean will be how you live."
He has a point.
One kid told him, “I’m not really the cleaning type; I'm more of the lazy type."
But Don says if you just show kids how rewarding and fun cleaning can be -all that negativity will come out in the wash. In fact, he's bet $6 million dollars on it.
When it comes to money, Don says, “What good does it do sitting in a bank? Whose life is it changing sitting in a thing?"
Fortunately for Don it's actually working. At least judging from the class I invited to his museum. I mean, they got swept up in it.
One young guest said, "It makes me think that cleaning is really fun!” A lot of the kids told me they now like cleaning.
Now if we can just get a truth museum.