- Drunk driving suspect found naked on barn roof
- Man dismissed from jury duty for wearing prisoner costume
- Police: man baked potato, raked leaves during break-in
- Houston-Area Man Sues After Flooding Displaces Wife's Casket
- Slow Police Chase From Fort Worth To Arlington Ends In Crash
- Dead Hog Tied To Beaumont School's Flagpole
- Medical Marijuana Available For Texas Pets
- Woman Eats 3 Steak Dinners In 20 Minutes
- Colorado Dog Gets Prosthetics For All 4 Legs
- Elephant Hauler Gets Stuck; Pachyderms Keep Truck Upright
- Man Trains Dog To Walk
- Man's Body Found In Fireplace
- Debates Rage Over Color Of Dress Photographed In Rare Light
- Mission To Mars Gets Real For Former Austinite
- Woman Loses Eyesight From Cat Lick
- Austin Grill Has Valentine's Day Drink, Earrings For $30K
- 'George Jefferson' Haircut A Hit
- 'Professor Dumpster' Wraps Up Year Living Inside East Austin Dumpster
- Texas 4th Grader Suspended Over Lord Of The Rings Reference
- Rattlesnakes Visit Texas Capitol
- After Being Hit By Car Tampa Cat Crawls Back From Grave
- Man Finds Car Part In Arm From Wreck 50 Years Ago
- Santa Firefighter Saves Man From Burning Home
- UT Starts Investigation Into Missing Human Brains
- AP: Charles Manson Gets Marriage License
- Father Of 'Affluenza' Teen Arrested In North Texas
- Professor Dumpster Upgrades To AC
- Caterpillar Stings Sending Central Texans To ER
- Kinky Couple: West Virginia Woman Walks Naked Man On A Leash
- Bear Wanders Around Convenience Store
- Car Slams Into NY Gas Station, Catches Fire
- Man Charged With Stealing Human Skin From Hospital
- Malaysia Says Cadbury Chocolates Free From Pork
- Bear Caught Lounging On Hammock
- Robbery Suspect Friends Victim On Facebook
- Deer Runs Through NC Hospital
- Urban Legend Confirmed, Atari E.T. Games Found In Landfill
- Newlywed Get Selfie With Pope
- Houston Man Pays $5,000 for Return of Missing Cat
- 'Miracle Man' Dies Again
- Gorilla Baby Born Through C-section
- Couple Attacked By Cat Say They'll Get It Help
- Wake Up And Smell The Bacon ... With A Bacon App
- North Texas Man Tries To Put Dog On City Council
- Toy Makers Showcase Wares At Toy Fair In New York
- Win A Free Divorce On Valentine's Day
- Shark Bite Victim Stiches Up His Own Wounds
- NC Politician Writes Resignation Letter In Klingon
- Handcuffed Proposal Successful
- West Texas Schlotzky Closes For Attitude Adjustment
Lemur Attacks Texas Mail Carrier
Updated: Friday, December 7 2012, 12:08 PM CST
It’s said that neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night stops the U.S. mail. And apparently not lemurs either.
Yes. A pet lemur attacked an East Texas mail carrier this week.
Marla Reeves says she was finishing up her route Tuesday when a Grapeland family's pet lemur jumped into her vehicle, bit her and jumped out.
Reeves has wounds from two bites -- one to her wrist another to her forearm.
"I was fixing to pull away. That's when I felt the pain in my hand. I looked at my hand and the lemur was on my hand and I lifted my arm up and blood was all down my arm,” Reeves said.
The owner of the lemur was able to get him inside a metal cage.
The Houston County Sheriff says the lemur will be on quarantine for 30 days to be sure it does not have rabies. The owner might face criminal charges.
Grapeland is about 130 miles north of Houston.