- Trump: 'I Swear' My Hair Is Not A Toupee
- Texas Police Say Man 'Obsessed' With Woman, Corpse Missing
- Body Of Woman Taken From San Antonio Funeral Home
- Snakes Infest Houston Home
- Experts warn 'DIY braces' trend can ruin teeth
- Maine Woman Finds Deadly Spider In Grapes
- Florida Mom Caught Using Son To Start Car With Breathalyzer
- Former President George W. Bush Not Chosen For Dallas Jury
- Man Rolling Under Moving Train Caught On Camera
- Aggressive Cobra Found At Houston High-Rise Apartments
- Drunk driving suspect found naked on barn roof
- Man dismissed from jury duty for wearing prisoner costume
- Police: man baked potato, raked leaves during break-in
- Houston-Area Man Sues After Flooding Displaces Wife's Casket
- Slow Police Chase From Fort Worth To Arlington Ends In Crash
- Dead Hog Tied To Beaumont School's Flagpole
- Medical Marijuana Available For Texas Pets
- Woman Eats 3 Steak Dinners In 20 Minutes
- Colorado Dog Gets Prosthetics For All 4 Legs
- Elephant Hauler Gets Stuck; Pachyderms Keep Truck Upright
- Man Trains Dog To Walk
- Man's Body Found In Fireplace
- Debates Rage Over Color Of Dress Photographed In Rare Light
- Mission To Mars Gets Real For Former Austinite
- Woman Loses Eyesight From Cat Lick
- Austin Grill Has Valentine's Day Drink, Earrings For $30K
- 'George Jefferson' Haircut A Hit
- 'Professor Dumpster' Wraps Up Year Living Inside East Austin Dumpster
- Texas 4th Grader Suspended Over Lord Of The Rings Reference
- Rattlesnakes Visit Texas Capitol
- After Being Hit By Car Tampa Cat Crawls Back From Grave
- Man Finds Car Part In Arm From Wreck 50 Years Ago
- Santa Firefighter Saves Man From Burning Home
- UT Starts Investigation Into Missing Human Brains
- AP: Charles Manson Gets Marriage License
- Father Of 'Affluenza' Teen Arrested In North Texas
- Professor Dumpster Upgrades To AC
- Caterpillar Stings Sending Central Texans To ER
- Kinky Couple: West Virginia Woman Walks Naked Man On A Leash
- Bear Wanders Around Convenience Store
- Car Slams Into NY Gas Station, Catches Fire
- Man Charged With Stealing Human Skin From Hospital
- Malaysia Says Cadbury Chocolates Free From Pork
- Bear Caught Lounging On Hammock
- Robbery Suspect Friends Victim On Facebook
- Deer Runs Through NC Hospital
- Urban Legend Confirmed, Atari E.T. Games Found In Landfill
- Newlywed Get Selfie With Pope
- Houston Man Pays $5,000 for Return of Missing Cat
- 'Miracle Man' Dies Again
Rattlesnake Found In Backpack At New Braunfels Bus Stop
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
A parent discovered a 42-inch rattlesnake in a backpack left at a New Braunfels school bus stop Monday morning.
Though the snake is common in Texas, New Braunfels police say they doubt the snake crawled into the bag itself.
"It looks like someone intentionally left it there," Cpt. John McDonald, New Braunfels Police Department, said.
The police are still trying to locate the woman that called in the report. The snake didn't bite anyone and was handed over to Animal World Snake Farm until the investigation is complete.
"What struck this particular occasion as peculiar to me was that it was found on a really cold morning. Snakes usually aren't out on their own in that kind of weather," Jarrod Forthman from Animal World and Snake Farm said.
Forthman says Rattlers need more warmth to thrive and most likely aren't going to pick a backpack that may smell like a human.
"Sounds a little fishy to me, especially if the backpack is zipped up. But you never know," he said.
Forthman said this situation could have been very deadly to a kid that tried to open up the pack. Being bitten himself, he has lost his thumb to a snake bite and he says people react to snake venom differently and it can turn deadly quickly.
After the investigation, the snake will be released somewhere far away from people and houses.