Professional Advice - CRT Flooring
Before You InstallFor a trouble-free installation, here's a checklist of things to do before the installer comes with your new flooring:
- Be sure to ask your flooring retailer if there are additional actions you must take before the installers arrival.
- Make sure you know who's removing your existing flooring. Sometimes the installer will do it. If not, you should make arrangements to have it removed.
- Who's moving the furniture? Find out in advance if its your responsibility or the installers. Either way, be sure to remove all fragile items from the room.
- Measure door clearances before you have your new flooring installed. If the new floor is thicker than your existing floor, door bottoms may rub. Plan in advance to have some way to shave or saw the correct amount off the bottom of each door so it does not drag.
- Paint first. If you're planning to paint, wallpaper, or do any other remodeling in the room, try to do it before the flooring is installed. Keep extra paint to touch up and post-installation nicks.
For more information, visit our website.