Professional Advice - Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital
CTVSH is a veterinary surgical referral practice staffed by specialists in veterinary surgery. We provide the latest in specialized surgical diagnostics and treatments, and strive for the highest level of patient care possible.
The surgical team at CTVSH includes Dr. Stephen Kerpsack, Dr. Stephanie Beardsley, Dr. Alice Runk, Dr. John Bevan, Dr. Sara Gower, and Dr. Laurie Zacher. Each surgeon has completed an internship and surgical residency after receiving their Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. The Small Animal Surgery Residency program involves three years of specialized surgical training in a program sponsored by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons. The ACVS is a governing body that both supervises the training and certifies the participants of the program. During the Residency program, surgeons are trained in the disciplines of soft tissue, orthopedic, and neurosurgery along with radiology, anesthesia and clinical pathology.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- thoracic and cardiovascular procedures
- thorascopic and laporscopic abdominal surgery
- ear canal surgery/ablation, oronasal surgery
- perineal hernia correction, perianal fistula treatment
- spinal stabilization, treatment of intervertebral disc disease and other neurosurgical procedures
- orthopedic surgery, minimally invasive fracture repair
- arthroscopic joint surgery, cruciate ligament repair including TPLO, total hip replacement revision
- laser procedures, reconstructive surgery
- surgical oncology (cancer)
- anesthesia and surgery for high risk patients
- lameness evaluations
- evaluations of diseases of the spinal cord
- fluoroscopic and cystoscopic procedures
For more information, visit our website.