- Omar Uresti Gets Another Major Shot
- Wimberley's Recovery With a Nice Ring
- The Fate of TCU's 2015 Season
- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
- Isaiah Taylor to Return for Junior Season at Texas
- Austin in Play for MLS Expansion
- Express Host 5th Annual Bark in the Park
- Spring Separation? Swoopes Still Longhorns Starter
- ESPN Reporter Suspended Over Rant Caught On Video
- Coaching Connection: Shyatt Has History with Barnes and Shaka
- Hail Mary Highlights Texas State Spring Game
- Buyouts For Shaka Smart, Rick Barnes Add Up For UT
- Texas Hires Shaka Smart
- Rick Barnes Era Ends at Texas
- Boyer, Harris Turn Heads Again
- Texas is One and Done at NCAA Tournament
- March On: Texas Selected for NCAA Tournament
- Texas Wins on Walk-Off to Start Big 12 Play
Case McCoy Takes the Reins
Updated: Tuesday, October 22 2013, 05:05 PM CDT
Case McCoy has started and played a full game five times in his UT career.
He's 3-2 in those five, but 2-0 this year.
His career has hit just about every bump in the road imaginable, yet here he is, a senior quarterback dragging Texas back up off the mat.
When asked Monday why TCU is the favorite against Texas, McCoy fired off a quick response.
"Probably because I'm the quarterback," McCoy quipped.
McCoy's self-deprecating humor is only matched by his underlying ability to find a way to win.
"I'm not gonna impress you on paper at all," McCoy said about his height and weight, "but I thrive on that. I love it. My teammates love it. They know who they're gonna get."
"He's always had confidence. That's who he thinks he is," said Texas head coach Mack Brown. "Confidence is not an issue. This is his team. He is the guy."
McCoy will try to erase the bad memories of the TCU loss a year ago. McCoy replaced David Ash in the second half, only to throw the interception that clinched a Horned Frogs win.
TCU hosts Texas Saturday night in Fort Worth at 6:30pm, under McCoy's direction. Not many believed McCoy could get another shot at the starting job, but a few did.
"My mom does. My mom is supportive," McCoy said.
"But my dad's still a little hard on me."
He is the son of a coach, no doubt.