- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
- Isaiah Taylor to Return for Junior Season at Texas
- Austin in Play for MLS Expansion
- Express Host 5th Annual Bark in the Park
- Spring Separation? Swoopes Still Longhorns Starter
- ESPN Reporter Suspended Over Rant Caught On Video
- Coaching Connection: Shyatt Has History with Barnes and Shaka
- Hail Mary Highlights Texas State Spring Game
- Buyouts For Shaka Smart, Rick Barnes Add Up For UT
- Texas Hires Shaka Smart
- Rick Barnes Era Ends at Texas
- Boyer, Harris Turn Heads Again
- Texas is One and Done at NCAA Tournament
- March On: Texas Selected for NCAA Tournament
- Texas Wins on Walk-Off to Start Big 12 Play
- Andy Roddick Foundation Welcomes Tony Dungy
- Buzzer Beater Bounces Longhorns
- Texas House Panel Mulls Open, Campus Carry Proposals
- Bright Knights
- Texas Swats Kansas State on Senior Day
Charlie Strong: No National Title in '15
Updated: Tuesday, April 22 2014, 11:10 PM CDT
Charlie Strong and Texas wanted to create a statewide buzz with its Texas Comin' on Strong tour. The new UT head coach is hitting 12 cities in 30 days, and his first stop outside of Austin was Fort Worth Monday night. It took nine words for the attention on strong to go from statewide to nationwide."We will not be in the national championship game."
Strong start to the tour.
To act like this is some huge revelation is wrong, and to act like Strong is wrong for saying it is also wrong. It's establishing what the new Texas football program looks like. Four months into the job Strong has proven he couldn't care less what anyone on the outside thinks. He's running this show his way.
Saturday's spring game was pretty underwhelming for the most part, right? Strong admitted as much, telling the Dallas Morning News he thinks that UT still has a long way to go. He said it with a chuckle, almost as to say, "I see what you see. Don't worry."
He then added, "Seeing the team this spring - we have a lot of work to do."
It's not such a bad thing that he isn't thrilled with what he sees. In many ways, he shouldn't be. Texas went 8-5 last year. You can't expect a team four months later to look like a 13-0 national title contender.
He's keeping expectations where they should be for now - low.Charlie Strong is doing this the right way. That's his way. This will either work out or it won't, but in the end it will all fall on his shoulders. Which is exactly what he wants.