- Friday Night Rivals - Week 0
- Friday Night Rivals: Get all the scores here!
- Katrina 10: Javan's Storm Story
- Cowboys Drop Preseason Game to 49ers
- Few QB Highlights in Texans Loss to Denver
- Baylor Player Sentenced To 6 Months Of Jail For Sex Assault
- Texas State 'Well Equipped" for Florida State
- Cowboys, Rams End Practice Early After Fights Break Out
- Spieth Short at PGA, but Takes Over Number One
- Spieth Stalks 3rd Major of Year
- In a Class of Their Own
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Feds detail why they want Lance Armstrong's medical records
- Longhorns Leadership: Does QB Demeanor Matter?
- Texas Trifecta: Breakout Players
- Omar Uresti Gets Another Major Shot
- Wimberley's Recovery With a Nice Ring
- The Fate of TCU's 2015 Season
- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
Current, Future Longhorns Selected on Day 3 of MLB Draft
Updated: Saturday, June 8 2013, 09:11 PM CDT
Three current Texas Longhorns were selected on the third and final day of Major League Baseball's amateur draft.
Third baseman Erich Weiss was selected by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 11th round (407th overall). First team All-Big 12 outfielder Mark Payton was picked by the Cleveland Indians in the 16th round (471st overall). Right handed pitcher Nathan Thornhill, a Cedar Park product, was drafted by the Houston Astros in the 24th round (707th overall).
All three players just completed their junior season, thus they have the option to return to the Forty Acres next season if they do not sign a professional contract.
Several local products were selected by MLB teams on day three of the 40 round draft. Andre Wheeler, an Anderson High product, was drafted by the White Sox in the 15th round (453rd overall). Max Garner, who played for Lake Travis High before going to Baylor, was selected by the Marlins in the 18th round (532nd overall). Pitcher Ryan Ulmann became the third Concordia University player ever drafted when the Washington Nationals selected him in the 30th round (916th overall).
A pair of Longhorns legacies each were picked in the 35th round. Kacy Clemens, son of Roger Clemens, was drafted by his father's former team. The Houston Astros used the 1037th pick in the draft to select the Memorial High senior. Later in the 35th round, Lukas Schiraldi, son of Texas Ex Calvin, was drafted by the Nationals. Both Kacy and Lukas have signed national letters of intent to follow in their fathers' footsteps and play for the University of Texas next season. Clemens and Schiraldi are expected to pass on pro ball for now, play for the Longhorns in 2014 and re-enter the draft later in their careers.