- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
- Isaiah Taylor to Return for Junior Season at Texas
- Austin in Play for MLS Expansion
- Express Host 5th Annual Bark in the Park
- Spring Separation? Swoopes Still Longhorns Starter
- ESPN Reporter Suspended Over Rant Caught On Video
- Coaching Connection: Shyatt Has History with Barnes and Shaka
- Hail Mary Highlights Texas State Spring Game
- Buyouts For Shaka Smart, Rick Barnes Add Up For UT
- Texas Hires Shaka Smart
- Rick Barnes Era Ends at Texas
- Boyer, Harris Turn Heads Again
- Texas is One and Done at NCAA Tournament
- March On: Texas Selected for NCAA Tournament
- Texas Wins on Walk-Off to Start Big 12 Play
- Andy Roddick Foundation Welcomes Tony Dungy
- Buzzer Beater Bounces Longhorns
- Texas House Panel Mulls Open, Campus Carry Proposals
- Bright Knights
Mack Brown Waiting Game Continues
Updated: Wednesday, December 11 2013, 09:23 PM CST
University of Texas Head Coach Mack Brown is back in the Lone Star State and his lawyer is speaking out about his future.
The Longhorns are in the midst of a 23 day lull between last Saturday's season finale and the Alamo Bowl on Dec. 30. While Texas has to wait more than three weeks to play the Oregon Ducks in a football game, the waiting game kicked-off yesterday
That's when reports surfaced that Mack Brown will resign as head coach at UT. Texas Athletic Director Steve Patterson refuted that story, saying that no decision has been made on Mack's future.
Coach Brown spent the last two days recruiting in Florida. He is scheduled to meet the media tomorrow morning in San Antonio in conjunction with the Alamo Bowl.
We've been told by sources within the Texas program that if Brown has, indeed, chosen to resign it's his desire to share that news with his coaches and players in person.
However, the Longhorns are not practicing this week and several players that don't have finals aren't on campus. Therefore, a team meeting is unlikely to be called before Friday afternoon when players return for the football banquet that evening.
Mack's attorney, Joe Jamail, says he's spoken to Coach Brown every night and a decision has not been made.
"He'll decide what he's going to do. The administration is leaving it up to him. It's his life, he will decide. He's had every success you can have at Texas. He's been extremely good for the University of Texas," he said.