- Cowboys Drop Preseason Game to 49ers
- Baylor Player Sentenced To 6 Months Of Jail For Sex Assault
- Texas State 'Well Equipped" for Florida State
- Cowboys, Rams End Practice Early After Fights Break Out
- Spieth Short at PGA, but Takes Over Number One
- Spieth Stalks 3rd Major of Year
- In a Class of Their Own
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Feds detail why they want Lance Armstrong's medical records
- Longhorns Leadership: Does QB Demeanor Matter?
- Texas Trifecta: Breakout Players
- Omar Uresti Gets Another Major Shot
- Wimberley's Recovery With a Nice Ring
- The Fate of TCU's 2015 Season
- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
- Isaiah Taylor to Return for Junior Season at Texas
- Austin in Play for MLS Expansion
- Express Host 5th Annual Bark in the Park
Texas, Baylor Want It All
Updated: Wednesday, July 24 2013, 05:58 PM CDT
13 wins and nothing less.
When asked what a winning season constitutes, that's the message the UT players sent loud and clear as they enter the 2013 season.
"We've had enough of being medicore," said offensive lineman Trey Hopkins. "This team has seen both sides of the coin. They've seen when they can be good and they've seen when they can get their teeth kicked in and I think it's come to a point where people have said enough is enough."
"They don't want to hear you saying 10 win season, 9 win season, 11 win season," explained UT defensive back Adrian Phillips." They don't care about that. You want to win every single game."
Mack Brown knows all too well what is and isn't acceptable on the Forty Acres.
"We won 9 games our first year, 15 years ago and they had a parade," said the Texas head coach. "We've created this monster and we've created these expectations ourselves and they're a good thing. It's an awful message when coaches start sending a message that there's anything less than all of the games that you should win.Meanwhile in Waco the attitude is the same as the Longhorns, but the confidence is on another level. In December Lache Seastrunk told the Sporting News he would win the Heisman. He didn't back down from that Tuesday.
"Why not feel that way?" Seastrunk explained. "And the reason why I feel that way because why not? Like why not Baylor?
Art Briles has transformed Baylor into a legitimate contender, but is far from satisfied.
"I'm not sure it has happened yet, I think we're in the process of happening," Briles said. "We're certainly on a positive path.
His confidence has trickled down to his players, and they believe in what's next.