- Friday Night Rivals: Get all the scores here!
- Katrina 10: Javan's Storm Story
- Cowboys Drop Preseason Game to 49ers
- Few QB Highlights in Texans Loss to Denver
- Baylor Player Sentenced To 6 Months Of Jail For Sex Assault
- Texas State 'Well Equipped" for Florida State
- Cowboys, Rams End Practice Early After Fights Break Out
- Spieth Short at PGA, but Takes Over Number One
- Spieth Stalks 3rd Major of Year
- In a Class of Their Own
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Feds detail why they want Lance Armstrong's medical records
- Longhorns Leadership: Does QB Demeanor Matter?
- Texas Trifecta: Breakout Players
- Omar Uresti Gets Another Major Shot
- Wimberley's Recovery With a Nice Ring
- The Fate of TCU's 2015 Season
- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
Texas Man Has Been Tailgating Since 1975
Updated: Sunday, September 15 2013, 09:54 AM CDT
It’s all about the horns.
Fans of all ages ready to root for UT
But it’s the tailgating that has people pumped up and Fred Andrews has been at it for nearly 40-years.
“Today, we’ll have about 60-people,” says Fred.
Andrews, also known as coach Fred to his friends and his wife Kay started their tailgate in the 1970’s.
Both are University of Texas graduates and so are all three of their children.
Kay says “we started in the back of his blazer, literally with a tailgate. We started with Oreo cookies and fritos and bean dip and a little beer.”
Some even call Fred Andrews the mayor of tailgate city.
Others call him a UT good luck charm.
His friend Van Reese says “It’s pretty hard to wear him around your neck but he is good luck.”
While the “Coach Andrews tailgate has grown, one this has stayed the same.
“We don’t charge money or whatever, it’s like okay, if you want to come back, bring some food or bring some beer,” says Andrews.
Rain or shine, Coach Andrews and his friend are here rooting for their horns.
He says “this tailgate is more than us, just coming and having something to eat and having a beer. It means a lot to a lot of people, so I feel like maybe I’ve accomplished something.”