KEYE-TV - Search Results
Manor House Fire Caused By Gas Explosion Ruled Accidental
A gas explosion at a home in Manor last week that injured two men has been ruled accidental.
The explosion happened Thursday, Dec. 27 in the 11500 block of Briarcreek Loop as two gas company workers were checking the line.
The explosion left hundreds in the area without service and left the home uninhabitable.
Now, investigators with the Travis County Fire Marshal’s Office say the riser that feeds gas directly into the house was damaged by the resident of the home, leading to a buildup of gas in the home’s laundry room.
The workers had come to the house after a resident had called and complained of a gas smell. They were inspecting the exterior gas riser to the house when the explosion occurred, according to investigators.
The workers are expected to fully recover,
The Fire Marshal’s Office says residents should not be concerned that their gas service is faulty and may cause subsequent explosions or leaks.
The Fire Marshal’s Office says they do not anticipate filing any charges regarding the gas explosion.