KEYE-TV - Search Results
Firefighters Put Out Flames At Popular North Austin Restaurant
Austin firefighters responded fire at a north Austin restaurant early Friday morning.
The reports of a fire at Baby Acapulco's on the north I-35 service road near Howard Lane came in around 3:30 a.m.
Officials say the fire was under control within half an hour upon arrival. No injuries were reported. Firefighters say the damage from the fire is mostly on the exterior of the building.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire was accidental and was started by an electrical short in the neon sign in front of the restaurant. The fire was confined to the roof and a small part of the attic. The inside of the restaurant had minor water damage. Damages are estimated at $25,000 for the building and $10,000 for contents.