77
      Wednesday
      90 / 75
      Thursday
      84 / 73
      Friday
      86 / 70

      Latest Weathercast

      WEATHERCAST

      Interactive Radar

      Radar

      Latest Forecast


      Tuesday, May 24th, 2016

      MORE STORM CHANCES

      It was nice to not have to worry about severe storms on Tuesday, but don't let your guard down. Most of Wednesday, we'll be "capped" with a lid on the atmosphere keeping storms at bay, but it's now looking possible Wednesday night that some strong storms could fire in the Hill Country and work eastward into the I-35 corridor. For now, I'm going with a 20% chance of rain late Wednesday, then a 40% chance Wednesday night. The Storm Prediction Center has our area in a Marginal Risk for Severe Storms Wednesday with hail and wind the highest threats if storms develop. For now, I think Blues on the Green should be ok - but there is a possibility of stronger storms approaching the Austin area around midnight

      WEATHER ALERT DAYS THURSDAY AND FRIDAY

      It's now looking like both Thursday and Friday could bring Central Texas strong to severe storms and locally heavy rain. It now looks like Thursday brings the higher threat with the heaviest rain/storm threat shifting farther north on Friday, but I'm keeping Weather Alerts in place for both days just in case. Thursday, parts of our area from Austin northwest are in a Slight risk of Severe Storms. Hail, high winds and even an isolated tornado can't be ruled out. Best bet for severe storms looks like late afternoon through early evening at this point. Then Friday, a complex of storms to our northwest may try to track into our area through the day, bringing the threat of more wind and heavy rain along the way. Rain totals now look heaviest Thursday with 1-3" possible, and perhaps up to another 1" on Friday.

      We are still recovering from last Thursday's flooding and as of Tuesday afternoon, 60 roads were still closed. Remember - Turn Around Don't Drown. Check road closures here: http://bit.ly/atxfloods

      Check rain totals from the LCRA's hydromet. Just click on the pulldown menu and choose rainfall reports. http://bit.ly/hydromet

      Track any storms that fire with our Interactive Radar: http://keyetv.com/weather/radar

      MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND FLOODS ANNIVERSARY

      From afternoon through evening on Saturday, May 23rd, 2015, heavy rain pounded areas in Kendall and Blanco County with a foot of rain flowing downstream along the Little Blanco and Blanco Rivers towards Wimberley. Later that evening, tornadic storms caused damage in the Austin Metro. Meanwhile, the flood gauge back in Wimberley went from around 5 feet at 9pm to 41 feet at 1am, cresting at 44.9 feet and shattering the previous record high of 33 feet. Catastrophic flooding and loss of life resulted and that wall of water then pushed downstream toward San Marcos causing even more damage and destruction early Sunday, May 24th. The rain finally took a break and the sun came out that afternoon. But the following day, Memorial Day Monday, May 25th, another round of severe storms tore through Central Texas. What started with tornadoes in the Hill Country transitioned to significant flash flooding in Austin along Shoal Creek and other waterways, with flooding along the Colorado River in Bastrop and Fayette Counties as well. At its peak, roughly 500 low water crossings were closed on atxfloods.com. May 2015 went down as the wettest May on record for Camp Mabry. Tuesday, I'll be live in Wimberley at 5, 6 and 10 with more on what caused the flooding and if it could happen again.

      MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 2016 FORECAST

      Friday now looks a little better for your outdoor plans - but I'm still keeping a 70% chance of rain. If you'll be waiting until Saturday, the weather will be much better for any memorial services, BBQ's and gatherings with family and friends. I'm knocking the rain chance down to 20% Saturday with highs in the upper 80s and even lower to just 10% for Sunday, then back up to 20% Memorial Day Monday. Overall, it's looking like you'll have plenty of dry time outdoors.

      LAKE LEVELS

      The rain sent lake levels rising last week, but they're now falling again. Lake Travis was at 104% with Lake Buchanan at 94% and combined storage dropping from 100% to 99% Tuesday. Check the levels here: http://hydromet.lcra.org/riverreport/report.aspx

      ALLERGY UPDATE

      With our recent rain, mold continues to be high. We also had grass pollen at low. Get the latest allergy report from Allergy & Asthma Associates here: https://twitter.com/atxpollen

      UV INDEX

      The UV Index for Wednesday will be 8 out of 11 so be sure to use sunscreen! Limiting your sun exposure from 10am to 2pm when the sun's rays are strongest is always a good practice. Check the UV Index here: https://www.epa.gov/sunsafety/uv-index-1

      AIR QUALITY FORECAST

      Wednesday's air quality is expected to be moderate. Check the Air Quality anytime here: https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_city&cityid=229

      STORM TRACKER FORECAST

      WED: 90 | AM clouds, PM partly cloudy and only an isolated shower/storm by day, better chance late night | Rain Chance: 20% | Winds: S 5-15 | Morning Low: 75

      THU: 84 | WEATHER ALERT DAY | Scattered showers/storms possible, some could be strong to severe with heavy rain | Rain Chance: 70% | Winds: S 5-15 | Morning Low: 73

      FRI: 86 | WEATHER ALERT DAY | Storms likely, especially north. | Rain Chance: 70% | Winds: S 10-20 | Morning Low: 72

      SAT: 89 | Partly sunny with scattered showers/isolated storms possible | Rain Chance: 30% | Winds: S 5-15 | Morning Low: 71

      SUN: 88 | Cloudy to partly sunny | Rain Chance: 10% | Winds: SE 10-15 | Morning Low: 71

      MEMORIAL DAY MON: 87 | Cloudy to partly sunny, isolated shower/storm possible | Rain Chance: 20% | Winds: SE/S 5-15 | Morning Low: 72

      TUE: 88 | Mostly cloudy with only isolated showers/storms possible | Rain Chance: 20% | Winds: S 5-15 | Morning Low: 72

      Get weather updates by searching hashtag #keyewx on social media. And download our free KEYE Weather App so you can track storms from your phone or tablet.

      Share your weather pics with us! Email shareit@keyetv.com and use hashtag #keyewx on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

      Take Care!

      -Chikage

      KEYE-TV Chief Meteorologist Chikage Windler

      On the Web: http://keyetv.com/weather/

      Watch LIVE: http://keyetv.com/live

      KEYE Weather App and Text Alerts: http://keyetv.com/station/mobile-apps

      Weather Cameras: http://keyetv.com/weather/cameras

      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChikageWindlerFanPage

      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChikageKEYETV

      Instagram: https://instagram.com/chikagekeyetv

      Vine: https://vine.co/Chikage.Windler.Meteorologist

      YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ChikageKEYETV

      Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/112370593064462910695/112370593064462910695/posts

      Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/chikagekeyetv/

      Bio: http://keyetv.com/station/people/chikage-windler

      Email: chikage@keyetv.com

      SUNRISE
      06:32:20 am
      SUNSET
      08:24:23 pm

      Today's Record Temperatures

      Record High95
      F
      Record Low58
      F